Weight loss tips

Igotthe_keyz
Igotthe_keyz Posts: 34 Member
Is there anyone that can provide any tips to weight loss I'm just starting out on my journey

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Eat less than you burn... job done!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    Buy a food scale, use it to log accurately and eat at a deficit.
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Over estimate calories in, under estimate calories out.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Buy a food scale, use it to log accurately and eat at a deficit.

This times a hundred. Also read the stickied topics at the top of the page.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Make small changes: "don't bite off more than you can chew" ... "you didn't gain it in a day, week, month and you won't lose it that fast either" ... make it a lifestyle, not a 'diet', cause you live a lifestyle and go on and off 'diets'.

Make a list of the foods that you like to eat, of the nutrition packed variety: ones that fill you and satisfy you for several hours at a time; and make the majority of your food from amongst those foods.

Don't shop for groceries when you are hungry. Always plan your menues before you shop. Always food shop with a list.

It's ok to have a treat, even a dessert as long as it fits into your calories ... and I'll add something I am still struggling with ... skip the trigger foods that make you overeat cause either you cannot control yourself with portions or they cause you to want to keep on nibbling for the rest of the day.

Finally ... don't eat unless you are hungry ... and learn what hungry really feels like.
  • notreallychris
    notreallychris Posts: 501 Member
    All you need is a deficit. I also agree with the food scale, a MUST for accurate logging. Figure out the calorie goal that puts you in a deficit, eat to that deficit number. You're all set!
  • Igotthe_keyz
    Igotthe_keyz Posts: 34 Member
    Thank you guys I will apply all of this advice with my daily journal that I keep I truly appreciate it
  • danni85
    danni85 Posts: 2 Member
    I find it useful to not have comfort food in the house. For me, that's chocolate, if it's in the house, I'll eat it. So I don't buy it ☺️