SURVIVOR Challenge - August - Perfect For Motivation!

Options
SavageBlonde73
SavageBlonde73 Posts: 144 Member
I used to belong to Buddy Slim years ago and created this challenge there. It was VERY motivating for those that joined the challenge and for myself as well :smiley: I lost 25lbs with these wonderful group of women but have put it all back on and then some after my Dad passed at the early age of 58...we were very close and I spiraled out of control :( Well...enough about me...lets get on with the challenge :wink:

HOW IT WORKS

It's very easy really :) SURVIVOR runs on a point basis. You will get points for exercise, healthy eating, for checking in daily, weight loss and a chance to earn extra points each week with an added weekly SURVIVOR Challenge. At the end of the month...the person with the most points is our SURVIVOR and will be recognized in the beginning of our next months post :) If you're IN...Read on! Then...comment and tell us a bit about yourself :smile:

STARTS - Monday July 31st
ENDS - Monday August 28th

There will be a new thread posted every week to help keep us organized

POINTS - Calculated Daily

* Drink 8 glasses of water = +10
* Every 20 min of exercise = +50
* Eat 3 Servings of fruit/veggies = +10
* Check in on our thread = +10
* Weigh in = +10
* Stick to your diet (whatever plan you're following) = +50

Replies

• SavageBlonde73
    Options
    I will start with a bit about me :blush: I'm a Mom of 2...a 13 yr old girl and a soon to be 15 yr old son. As I mentioned....I successfully lost weight via a fantastic support group on buddyslim about 7 years ago. I kept it off until my Dad got sick with Cancer 4 years ago and passed after a short 4 month fight. I gave all of me to help him and be there for him but unfortunately lost myself in the process. It's taken me a LONG time to get back on track...but here I am :) I have 40lbs to lose now...and I'm ready to get it done :sunglasses:
  • explodingmango
    explodingmango Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    This sounds good to me; I'll throw in my profile - I'm a college student, I've struggled with disordered eating all my life, and I'm looking to use my upcoming wedding (in a little over 10 months!) as a good goal to finally get myself on track. I binge-ate my way to a peak of 325 pounds about 4 years ago, and so far have lost about 120 of that, but I've hit a wall at 200-205 - so I'm looking for motivation to break through, by healthy means this time, and finally get rid of the last 40-45.

Glad to meet you!
  • ariel1116
    ariel1116 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Are we in charge of keeping track of our points? And is the group up yet?
  • katiebestclark
    katiebestclark Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would love to join! I was also wondering if this was a group yet?
  • SavageBlonde73
    Options
    ariel1116 wrote: »
    Are we in charge of keeping track of our points? And is the group up yet?

Hi ariel!! You just post your points daily and I will keep track of them :smile:
  • SavageBlonde73
    Options
    I would love to join! I was also wondering if this was a group yet?

I haven't posted a group...not sure if a group is helpful?? Would you guys prefer a group as well??
  • ariel1116
    ariel1116 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Ok and where do we post it? On this thread or will you create a group for us?
  • SavageBlonde73
    Options
    If we get enough joiners....we can do this in teams as well ;) Could make it more interesting :smiley:
  • SavageBlonde73
    Options
    This sounds good to me; I'll throw in my profile - I'm a college student, I've struggled with disordered eating all my life, and I'm looking to use my upcoming wedding (in a little over 10 months!) as a good goal to finally get myself on track. I binge-ate my way to a peak of 325 pounds about 4 years ago, and so far have lost about 120 of that, but I've hit a wall at 200-205 - so I'm looking for motivation to break through, by healthy means this time, and finally get rid of the last 40-45.

Glad to meet you!

Nice to meet you as well explodingmango!! I think this challenge will be just the thing to get you over your wall ;)
  • SavageBlonde73
    Options
    Ok....I made a group for us :) Click the link to join! http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/121901-survivor-challenge
  • SavageBlonde73
    Options
    ariel1116 wrote: »
    Ok and where do we post it? On this thread or will you create a group for us?

I created a group for us if that makes things easier :) I'm a little new to myfitnesspal and how the message boards/groups work but...I can figure this out ;) LOL
  • Scholastica4
    Scholastica4 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am interested. I am a female senior citizen recently given a dose of reality by my physician, after a significant weight gain in the last several months due to over-indulgence in my favorite food - ice cream. I need to follow a well-balanced low carb diet faithfully. Using MyFitnessPal to plan and document my meals keeps me on track. Having the assistance of blog mates will help me keep trying.
  • SavageBlonde73
    Options
    I am interested. I am a female senior citizen recently given a dose of reality by my physician, after a significant weight gain in the last several months due to over-indulgence in my favorite food - ice cream. I need to follow a well-balanced low carb diet faithfully. Using MyFitnessPal to plan and document my meals keeps me on track. Having the assistance of blog mates will help me keep trying.

Welcome Scholastica!! Click this link to join the group if you haven't already :) Our challenge starts Monday!! :smiley:http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/121901-survivor-challenge
  • simplystronger
    simplystronger Posts: 9 Member
    Options

I would like to join .. I sent a request!
  • michiern23
    michiern23 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me. I had been working out 6 days a week m, but stopped last year when I had a knee replacement. There was no reason that I couldn't go back three months after my surgery. I just didn't. I did my own rehab for a while. I walk 200 laps in the pool 5 days a week. I'm working really hard on my eating issues. I definitely need motivation for the exercise portion. I'm a competitive person, but not obnoxiously so. I'm looking forward to the month of August.
  • SavageBlonde73
    Options
    Glad to have you all on board!
  • snericacross
    snericacross Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I am interested in participating in this group. I clicked the link. Wrote my reason why I'd like to join. Submitted it and nothing happened. Tried the link again with no result.
  • Misohappi81
    Misohappi81 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this but I want to join! I believe I requested, hopefully i did it right?? Sounds like fun!!
  • 135terry
    135terry Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hello, I completed the request through the "join" site. Hopefully it went through okay.