Hello!

Options
thisisbeej
thisisbeej Posts: 6 Member
edited July 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hi there everyone!

New to myfitnesspal forums, but not new to weight loss or myfitnesspal as a whole as I use it to track my macros. Looking to make some new friends and connect with like-minded people who have embarked on this same journey that I have. I don't really have any friends who have ever gone on a diet/lifestyle change save for just one and he's still pretty new to the field. It would be really nice to meet and connect with people who I can share this journey with.

I'm 31 years old and from Connecticut. I started my weight-loss journey 14 months ago where I weighed a dreadful 375 pounds on my 5'4 frame. I was miserable and never in my life weighed more on that very day that I reached my limit where I said enough was enough. Fast forward 14 months later and I've shed 104 pounds. I have found that as I lose weight my entire outlook on life has changed. I've gained so much confidence, happiness and energy and I've never found myself being more adventurous with my time and activities as a result.

After losing the first 75 pounds I started to see a personal trainer 4 days a week to do strength training. I do cardio for an hour a day solo at least 5 times a week. I've stepped up my game a lot since I lost the first 75 pounds and can't wait to see where the next year takes me.

Life is good my friends. Happy to be here and thanks for having me -- hope I can make some friends!

Replies

• Allison_Brennan
    Allison_Brennan Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Wow I can never seem to get past 30 or 40 pounds weight loss.
  • thisisbeej
    thisisbeej Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    abrennan4 wrote: »
    Wow I can never seem to get past 30 or 40 pounds weight loss.

That was me for the longest time with previous weight loss attempts. its all about persistence. Food was my biggest problem, I went without for so long that I eventually started allowing bad habits to creep back into my life until I'd stop dieting.

This time for me, I eat pretty much what I want. I count macros (protein, carbs and fat) so I dont have to go without. After doing this for so long I don't find myself really craving bad foods anymore. I learned to like flavored Seltzer waters, something I hated forever in place of soda. Staying away from sugar for the most part is probably the best piece of advice I can give. After a while you no longer crave it.