Trying to Lose 30 Pounds Without Everyday Journaling

Options
shinedowness
shinedowness Posts: 19 Member
I came here because of the community, to create recipes, and try to help people lose weight like myself and help them take care of their bodies as much as possible. Though, I do not want to use this website for journaling in what I've ate and drunk everyday, as it seems boring for me to do.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    It may be boring, but for a lot of people it's extremely necessary. If you can practice mindful eating and lose weight, then you're doing way better than I am.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    One way or another, you need to be fully aware and in control of what you eat in order to control your weight.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Tracking calories was eye opening for me. Previously I didn't allow any treat foods into my diet while I was trying to lose weight. And I'm pretty sure I had a habit of undereating. I've tracked for long enough now that I can lose weight slowly, with small daily treats, even without logging. I don't think I would have gotten to where I am now just by being mindful though.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure the people doing it aren't doing it for entertainment value. Tracking calories has been the most useful tool for me to have learned. It's far more effective than following arbitrary rules or unscientific programs.
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I like to see what I eat. It's not the greatest thing I do every day - but logging my exercise and food help me the most throughout my journey. Not writing it down or not weighing my food does nothing for me because I will over portion (even the healthy stuff) or eat things and forget. I am most definitely a planner - so if I plan I tend to stick to it and MFP helps me stick to it.
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I came here because of the community, to create recipes, and try to help people lose weight like myself and help them take care of their bodies as much as possible. Though, I do not want to use this website for journaling in what I've ate and drunk everyday, as it seems boring for me to do.

Don't let anyone tell you logging is a requirement, or even that it's preferred. Logging food daily is not for everyone.
    Yes, a lot of people on MFP do log food, and you should try it--if you've never done so. Logging food is also a good way to troubleshoot your diet, if you're not losing weight but think you should be.

But if you're like me, you reach a point when you just know how many calories are in certain foods. Then you just add the calories up in your head, and you get through the day just fine.

I personally have a calorie goal for every meal. The math is easier that way. And if I have a bad meal, I make up for it with the next meal. But to each his/her own.

That said, the community is excellent (as you know), and they (most of them) won't shun you for not logging.
  • prabij23
    prabij23 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i have recently started tracking the calories i eat and it will be interesting to see the results over the next few months. its cumbersome initially but gets pretty routine once we get the hang of it i guess. all the best