Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Best advice you received about the opposite sex

Options
13»

Replies

• _Captivated_
    _Captivated_ Posts: 5,669 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Don't know that I ever heard this advice, but whenever I have an issue, I always ask myself "Is this one instance more important than my relationship?" The answer has always been No and so that puts things in perspective.

I always think the same thing. When I am frustrated or upset I take a second and ask myself if the issue is really an issue or am I just tired/stressed. I almost always realize that an issue is not a big deal.

These two are possibly the best husbands on MFP.
  • jvcjim
    jvcjim Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    everyone should be forced to wear a dot on their head... green if they have seen their shrink in the last 24 hours, red if they have not... it would make things so much simpler
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    jvcjim wrote: »
    everyone should be forced to wear a dot on their head... green if they have seen their shrink in the last 24 hours, red if they have not... it would make things so much simpler

BRILLIANT
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options
    Just say NO!
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    My mom always said to me
    •" if a man won't sacrifice for you what you sacrifice for him, he's not worth it".
    • " Don't fall for words. Words are wonderful, but if he doesn't prove it with actions, don't waste your time".
    • "Dont settle"
    • and so much more......
  • gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,138 Member
    Options
    The only advice my dad gave me was..."don't marry one..."
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    As a woman "Always make sure you are self sufficient in everything, then when you meet a man he is a bonus to your life not a necessity"

• kwph
    kwph Posts: 7,375 Member
    Options
    "Can u please quietly sneak out the window, my husband just pulled up" (Can't even tell ya how many times I heard that)
  • AmbitiousButRubbish
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Don't know that I ever heard this advice, but whenever I have an issue, I always ask myself "Is this one instance more important than my relationship?" The answer has always been No and so that puts things in perspective.

I always think the same thing. When I am frustrated or upset I take a second and ask myself if the issue is really an issue or am I just tired/stressed. I almost always realize that an issue is not a big deal.

These two are possibly the best husbands on MFP.

Just trying my best