Never able to stick to anything

Options
I can never seem to stick to any of my diet or exercise plans but now I'm ready for a change, and ready to get myself ready for summer. I need someone who wont leave me alone. To keep at me about my goals. To help not let me slip. Anyone willing to help would be awesome. <3

Replies

• Sassybish
    Sassybish Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Somebody, please help me out! :neutral:
  • Sassybish
    Options
    Yeah i guess that is true but its always good for support and motivation!
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    Find something you can both enjoy and fit into your lifestyle. It doesn't need to be drastic and immediate. Small changes and consistent healthy habits are all it really takes. Be good to yourself!
  • Sassybish
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    Sassybish wrote: »
    Yeah i guess that is true but its always good for support and motivation!
    Nothing wrong with group support. Find and join an MFP group that you have something in common with. There are hundreds of groups here.

Thankyou :)
  • Sassybish
    Options
    Find something you can both enjoy and fit into your lifestyle. It doesn't need to be drastic and immediate. Small changes and consistent healthy habits are all it really takes. Be good to yourself!

Thankyou! I will try :)
  • Sassybish
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    I can never seem to stick to any of my diet or exercise plans but now I'm ready for a change, and ready to get myself ready for summer. I need someone who wont leave me alone. To keep at me about my goals. To help not let me slip. Anyone willing to help would be awesome. <3

You have to give yourself "permission" to screw up and then just keep moving forward. No one can change this mindset for you.

"Rather than aiming to be perfect, aim to be better than you were yesterday."

Losing weight isn't about stringing xxx amount of perfect days together. Losing weight is about finding realistic changes. I can eliminate foods I love, temporarily. But that just leaves me with temporary weight loss.

Thankyou this is awesome, I always try lose lots of weight fast, rather than doing it the normal way and making realistic goals.
    I guess because im not trying to lose that much weight, i always have the mind set that itl be easy to lose, which is not true. Any weight is hard to lose, no matter how much youre trying to work off
  • jvp3299
    jvp3299 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What is MFP? I keep seeing this,but have no idea what it means. Thanks.
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Maybe start with something small, for example I started with simply cutting out Soda, then I started talking walks at night. Then I found MFP and started tracking my calories and i've lost 32 pounds in the past four months. I normally dont stick to anything either, however something was different this time and im not sure what it was.

Edit: Cutting soda is just something I couldnt moderate, not saying no one can handle soda, for me it was just a trigger, there are no good or bad foods.
  • Sassybish
    Options
    Maybe start with something small, for example I started with simply cutting out Soda, then I started talking walks at night. Then I found MFP and started tracking my calories and i've lost 32 pounds in the past four months. I normally dont stick to anything either, however something was different this time and im not sure what it was.

Edit: Cutting soda is just something I couldnt moderate, not saying no one can handle soda, for me it was just a trigger, there are no good or bad foods.

Thanyou!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You definitely right, but I am a all or nothing sort of person which sucks sometimes.
    You are the kind of person you repeatedly tell yourself you are. Stop telling yourself you need babysitting, and that you're an all or nothing sort of person. You control your food intake, and you decide whether or not to exercise. I imagine your goals are way ahead, and result based? Set close goals that are behavior based. And have "strict but flexible" instead of "random but restrictive" rules - set your calorie goal correctly, and aim to hit it within +/- 50, and have something you like every day (preferably for every meal). If you exercise, do something you like - then you'll repeat it, and exercise only works if you keep exercising.
    They say it takes 30 days to be able to break or make a habbit, so the first 30 will be the hardest.
    "They" say a lot of things :D Habits are very complex, and sometimes continuing is way harder than starting. "A good habit" isn't just something you think you should do, it has to be something you really need to do, and something you want to do as well. Pick your habits wisely.
  • MysticGoalie
    MysticGoalie Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Everything's possible, never give up. <3

tumblr_mxurd2NCLD1s7igpdo3_500.gif
  • Sassybish
    Options
    You definitely right, but I am a all or nothing sort of person which sucks sometimes.
    You are the kind of person you repeatedly tell yourself you are. Stop telling yourself you need babysitting, and that you're an all or nothing sort of person. You control your food intake, and you decide whether or not to exercise. I imagine your goals are way ahead, and result based? Set close goals that are behavior based. And have "strict but flexible" instead of "random but restrictive" rules - set your calorie goal correctly, and aim to hit it within +/- 50, and have something you like every day (preferably for every meal). If you exercise, do something you like - then you'll repeat it, and exercise only works if you keep exercising.
    They say it takes 30 days to be able to break or make a habbit, so the first 30 will be the hardest.
    "They" say a lot of things :D Habits are very complex, and sometimes continuing is way harder than starting. "A good habit" isn't just something you think you should do, it has to be something you really need to do, and something you want to do as well. Pick your habits wisely.

Everything you said is totallyon board, and i also know already, but its all ways good to hear it from other too, thankyou
  • Sassybish
    Options
    Everything's possible, never give up. <3

tumblr_mxurd2NCLD1s7igpdo3_500.gif

Thankyou x