If I'm not watching, I'm gaining!

Options
I've never been super skinny, nor do I have any desire to be but I realized once I hit 30 that if I'm not careful about what I eat, I gain very easily!
After yo yo dieting for a few yrs. I gave up but a few months ago I hada big event that I managed to lose 5 kilo for( want to lose 8 altogether) already gained back 1.5 and decided I must commit to healthy eating as a lifestyle! ! I think intuitive eating makes a lot of sense but rules are easier (i.e calorie counting) especially for losing as opposed to maintaining.
Along with tracking calories, I am trying to keep to the 8 hour diet, eating 10-6 only. Makes the struggle much easier for me.

Replies

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    You should always be careful, then. As I like to say if you don't leave MFP, you don't have to come back !!!
  • tofiggy
    tofiggy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Intuitive eating only works if you have a small appetite. Once you hit a certain age and metabolism slows down, it doesn't work in my opinion. Anyway, good luck , its tough but we are all in this together
  • livingamiracle
    livingamiracle Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    If I'm breathing I'm gaining but I've got to change!
  • SkinnyAviva
    SkinnyAviva Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    tofiggy wrote: »
    Intuitive eating only works if you have a small appetite. Once you hit a certain age and metabolism slows down, it doesn't work in my opinion. Anyway, good luck , its tough but we are all in this together
    Yes and also really being in tune with yourself mentally and emotionally. I am going to proceed with calorie counting but leaving myself some room to go over my recommended 1200 as long as I stay in my 8 hours of eating, let's see how it goes!
    I think doing 8 hours most days is maintainable for me