Exercising for weightloss

Options
I dance to the cha cha slide for 30 minutes twice a day but Ive noticed I only sweat on my back no where else and I was just wondering why? Do I have more fat on my back than everywhere else and also if I'm sweating does that mean my dancing is working? Thanks

Replies

• SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    exercise is for health and fitness , diet is for weight loss. Sweat is just your body regulating your temperature and has nothing to do with location of fat or effectiveness of your workout.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    When I think of dancing - I think of cardiovascular exercise. Is your heart pumping faster, are you breathing harder? If yes, then this activity is making you more fit.

Eating less is overwhelmingly the most important thing for weight loss. Fat stores are one of the things your body will use for fuel if you are eating at a deficit.

Strength training is another aspect of fitness and it will help you keep a larger % of existing lean muscle while losing weight.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    When I lift weights in a well air conditioned gym I don't sweat at all, but am still getting quite a workout.
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    It just may mean that your back has more sweat glands. Sweating has nothing to do with the amount of fat you have.