• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    0lkroefvth6i.jpg
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    5swqb2lmdlyc.jpeg

Today I came upon a hawk attacking some quail, who ran and hid in a bush as I approached. The hawk was on the ground waiting for me and the beagles to pass to go in and finish off his quarry. Stupidly, I started walking toward the mess to... save the clearly distressed and already injured quail in the bushes? The hawk wasn’t deterred and stood its ground. Came to my senses and let nature take its course. Narrowly avoided having my eyeballs scratched out. The end.
  • cee134
    Options
    5swqb2lmdlyc.jpeg

Today I came upon a hawk attacking some quail, who ran and hid in a bush as I approached. The hawk was on the ground waiting for me and the beagles to pass to go in and finish off his quarry. Stupidly, I started walking toward the mess to... save the clearly distressed and already injured quail in the bushes? The hawk wasn’t deterred and stood its ground. Came to my senses and let nature take its course. Narrowly avoided having my eyeballs scratched out. The end.

Hawks got to eat too. Also, I saw this happen with a hawk and a squirrel once. It was sad because its squirrel friend was trying to help it but couldn't. The other squirrel didn't want to leave it's friend (maybe it's mate) but it knew it couldn't do anything.
  • ChrisNels1
    ChrisNels1 Posts: 16,638 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    5swqb2lmdlyc.jpeg

Hawks got to eat too. Also, I saw this happen with a hawk and a squirrel once. It was sad because its squirrel friend was trying to help it but couldn't. The other squirrel didn't want to leave it's friend (maybe it's mate) but it knew it couldn't do anything.

And if you stop it you wind up with a critically injured wild animal. What do you do then?
  • ChrisNels1
    ChrisNels1 Posts: 16,638 Member
    Options
    6f6s3d8haxcm.jpg
  • cee134
    Options
    jd1vhtlzfr8r.jpg
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    girl: come over
    me: I can’t, I’m using my sensitive barbels to scour the riverbed for morsels of food
    girl: I hollowed out a nesting cavity under a flat stone
    me:39axfe1pta1v.png