Lose 100lbs +? How?

Options
I'm a mum of two young kids and have ballooned to 230lbs. I lost about 6 lbs on this app in 12 days but need to lose about 100 more. I'm on 1200 calories a day. How did u lose your weight?

Replies

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Hey! Wash, rinse and repeat! I know it's a big number, but this is a long game, and every pound is a victory. Have patience. Also, when I weighed 250, straight down to under 200, I handily lost while eating 1500 cal/day, and many would consider that a pretty deep cut. You don't have to burn yourself out on 1200 cal/day unless you have a specific reason to eat that little.
  • exmalobono
    exmalobono Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks! That's how much the app suggested for me for 2lbs weight loss on low activity. How did u decide on 1500?
  • buffalogal42
    buffalogal42 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    It's a long process! 100 pounds took me nearly two years of careful logging and just "sticking with it" - you can do it!
  • exmalobono
    exmalobono Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!! Just a quick question- extra skin?!?
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    exmalobono wrote: »

yeah.... Iv had to learn to find mine funny or id be so sad. Iv been lucky considering but its definatly there and a fair amount. When i bend over i look like im melting towards the floor :D Thankfully i can hide most of it just standing ...Except my arms >.> and my boobs never had loose skin until months into stopping losing...Was depressing when it appeared and im still not sure what the hell happened

But you know what, Silver lining is i can pretend to have nice abs ...its loose skin....But looks like nice abs x3
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I'm a mum of two young kids and have ballooned to 230lbs. I lost about 6 lbs on this app in 12 days but need to lose about 100 more. I'm on 1200 calories a day. How did u lose your weight?

6 days x 100.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options

Yes. Lots.
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    You just do it one day at a time. This time 2 years ago I was 263 lbs and now I am 195. I tend to lose really fast for a while, then plateau, then lose again. The reason I plateau is because I stop logging or tracking as closely. Diet fatigue I think. And then I get a new jump on things and go hard again.
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I started 354 now 261, tons of extra skin. From what I read, genetics is the main event. I'm doing hard cardio and lifting, lotions and potions and yuck!!! I'm going to have to get some surgery because I still have a ways to go, probably 90-100. Thankfully clothes covers most.

The positive? I'm a much happier, healthier and confident person. It's worth every ounce of temporary skin. Some days I feel like I am walking on sunshine. I wouldn't trade that for anything. I only wish I knew I could feel that sooner. 1 month caused good change, 3 months more confidence, 6 months and I walked past myself in a mirror and didn't recognize myself, 8 months and I can't believe I was ever that person. Worth every drop of sweat, every tear and every minute of a fight.

Good luck. Friend me if you'd like. I'm in this for good.
  • MoyMG
    MoyMG Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Extra skin really is determined by your age when you lose the weight. If you are in your twenties or early 30's, there's a decent chance that the skin will gradually shrink. If you are older than that, it won't. However, extra skin won't cause you the health problems that obesity will! Good luck!
  • desertfox2001
    desertfox2001 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am only 35lbs one my 100lb journey....so don't really have the skin issue yet. As others have said, one day at a time. Set small goals and don't focus to hard on the big number. My first, get under 300lbs (started at 313.6lbs). Then it was to get under the Morbidly obese weight my Doctor told me........just hit my 3rd weight goal, get into the 270s.....and so on.......
  • slimyslimgym
    slimyslimgym Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have 100lbs to lose as well. What I find helpful is walking. I USED to walk my dog every morning and night, plus sometimes at lunch, plus walking to and from school. I lost 30lbs in a month and I wasn't tracking my diet back then. Now I'm a mom and I've gained the 30 back and some. But I am slowly going back to walking a lot, on top of tracking my calories. We just have to keep at it and before you know it your favorite pair of pants will be too big.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Setting yourself a target of 100lb+ can be really daunting, so break it down in to smaller more easily achievable goals. I started at near enough 290lb and the thought of needing to lose at least 140lb was just more than I could cope with, so I set myself a series of short, mid and long term goals. My short term goals were small amounts, like just 10lb, the mid term 10% of my bodyweight (which makes a huge change to health) and long term would be something like 50lb lost or to hit 200lb. By having these different goals I was hitting one of another pretty often which is great motivation.

135lb and lots of mini goals later and I'm within 5lb of my actual, never talked about at the beginning, final(ish) goal of 150lb and looking at setting new goals
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    I started at 387lb and now im 239
    Yeah i have some skin issues, was unavoidable for me but spanks help when i need it under control

When i weigh up the benefits ive gotten from weight loss then the skins really not so bad

At my biggest i couldnt walk the length of a room even with a stick. Now i can hike for miles. I hiked 8 on monday and near 6 miles yesterday with my baby strapped to my back, a baby who wasnt a possibility before i started losing weight
  • irishgo
    irishgo Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Do the 5:2 diet it works for me and other. It beats all the other weight loss programs, such as Weightwatchers, Slimming world, Herbalife, at easy, not expensive pills or the likes needed. Check it, and try it for real for a month, and post here with your experiences: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide/what-52-diet Remember though its 2/3 of a Healthy Diet + 1/3 of exercise, at least a half hour of walking, swimming and cycling does miracles, and than you mental health will health. You won't be hungry with the 5:2 if you keep it up! of course track you daily foods/fluids and weight intake on MFP.
  • ezekielsherrard205735
    ezekielsherrard205735 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Cardio exercise, strength training, and calorie restriction :(t626te7edrtggd23.jpg
  • revowens
    revowens Posts: 15 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    You've already taken the first step in deciding you want to do this. There are no magic formulas or pills. It's just one day at a time every day. A couple of things that helped me lose more than 100lbs. Don't look at it as 100lbs. Look at it in 10lbs increments. Celebrate each 10lbs loss and then start on the next 10. Don't let a slip become a fall. If you mess up one meal, get right back on the horse at the next meal. Try to surround yourself with like-minded people. That way you can support each other in the tough times. A 100lbs weight loss is alot but you can do this! God bless!