SOLUTION FOR LOOSE SKIN NEEDED

Hello there! I've lost about 100 pounds since 2014 and I'm currently at a comfortable weight. However, I find it hard to melt my stubborn/ loose skin. I lift weights 3x a week and do HIIT 3x a week. I have loose skin under my arms, on my upper thighs and lower belly. I would love to lose them all by December. Looking for some efficient suggestions or solutions. Thanks!

Replies

• KevHex
    KevHex Posts: 256 Member
    I believe it's all about time and genetics. A lady commented on another thread that she finally lost the lose skin after 4 years in maintenance.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,032 Member
    Unfortunately, it's down to genetics. Don't believe any of the claims of pills and potions. Even exercise can only help to a certain extent, skin will either regain elasticity and shrink back or it won't. For when it won't, unfortunately surgery is about the only recourse.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    There are no magic fixes unfortunately. Time and genetics are the determining factors.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,448 Member
    Congratulations on the weight loss ... unfortunately there is no way to "melt the loose skin".

I've read that if it is going to tighten up, it will likely take about 2 years ... if nothing has happened by then, you might need to look into surgery. Some people start putting away an amount of money each month for that purpose.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    wilsonksam wrote: »
    It's all on what you eat and exercise. It also takes time. And abs made in kitchen as we all know. I am vegan and I climb the stairs in my house 30 to 60 times spuracticly through out the day usually 4 to 5 times in a row to get in the fat burn zone on my fitbit which is the zone were you burn stomach fat and I mostly eat a raw vegan diet. I've had four kids myself and I had them back to back so I should look pretty stretched out but I don't. In the month that I've been vegan and stair climbing (30 days today) I've lost a pant size a shirt size and several inches around my abdomen, my butt, my hips look nice and my legs are getting toned. The cellulite and loose skin around my inner thighs, inner arms and tummy has gone away by 50%. Google raw vegan diet. There are also facebook groups I'm on. Any other questions I'm glad to help!

While a vegan diet is a very admirable choice, it is not necessary for fat loss, nor are "fat burning zones" a thing. In this case, though, I think OP has already lost the weight she wants. She's just looking for ways to deal with the excess skin.

OP, unfortunately as others have stated, it comes down to time and genetics. If that doesn't fix it, the only other option is usually surgery.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Surgery. Sorry.