Why do people at work who are lazy don't get fussed at and hard workers?

Options
weightloss_acc
weightloss_acc Posts: 109 Member
Have you ever noticed the lazy coworkers never get fussed at but when someone who is a hard worker decideds to be lazy they get fussed at

Replies

• dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Come again. I can't comprehend the title of your thread, too many words and no coffee yet
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    because its an obvious change in behavior...if you are normally lazy, then people know no better; but if you are normally a hard worker and you have a behavioral change - it is noticed
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    Fussing doesn't work to motivate the ones who don't care but it works on the more productive workers, who have to do twice as much work to cover for the sloths. Also, some people are just able to get a lot of work done well in a short period of time while some "hard workers" struggle to keep up. Leaving the screw-ups alone and badgering the best and brightest -- and/or those who work diligently and care about the job -- is a tried and true management tactic to keep spirits low and productivity high in a toxic work environment.

UNTIL THE REVOLUTION COMES
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    Everyone thinks they are the hard workers and everyone else is lazy.
  • weightloss_acc
    weightloss_acc Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    Us lazy ones know how to make ourselves look busy. It's an acquired skill and the hard workers need to stop thinking that it's something they can just pick up on a whim.

Here's a guy who knows a thing or two about a thing or two.

I can tell you , this person doesn't do their work.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

Not true. I know I am lazy. I just had my semi-annual review yesterday and it was the best one I ever had. I've done less this year than I have in the last few years. It took me some time to get my program up and running efficiently and without issues, but now that I'm on auto-pilot with it, I feel guilty looking at everyone else running around like mad, trying to keep afloat.

This makes me think that you are not lazy, you are being lazy. You put a program that works in place and now are collecting the fruits. Working smart so you can be lazy is not a lazy employee

Edit: Also to add, a lazy employee is one that doesn't get their job done. As a manager I would care less how they get the job done, as long as it's done. Some work harder all day long, some work smarter and be lazy half of the day.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I advise against being conspicuously lazy at work
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options

Not true. I know I am lazy. I just had my semi-annual review yesterday and it was the best one I ever had. I've done less this year than I have in the last few years. It took me some time to get my program up and running efficiently and without issues, but now that I'm on auto-pilot with it, I feel guilty looking at everyone else running around like mad, trying to keep afloat.

This makes me think that you are not lazy, you are being lazy. You put a program that works in place and now are collecting the fruits. Working smart so you can be lazy is not a lazy employee

Edit: Also to add, a lazy employee is one that doesn't get their job done. As a manager I would care less how they get the job done, as long as it's done. Some work harder all day long, some work smarter and be lazy half of the day.

Yeah I agree 100% I could care less how my employee's get their job done day to day. I know everything is getting done and if I ever need a certain task done they get it done in a timely manner. However they choose to get their work done is their decision.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options

Yup. I highly recommend the work-smarter-not-harder approach. :)
  • Chase_The_Pain
    Chase_The_Pain Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    This is a result of expectations and poor management. You've been carrying the load for the slugs that management has failed to motivate. We can't have you slacking off too.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    By me typing this sentence I look like I'm doing something at work.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    Us lazy ones know how to make ourselves look busy. It's an acquired skill and the hard workers need to stop thinking that it's something they can just pick up on a whim.

Here's a guy who knows a thing or two about a thing or two.

I can tell you , this person doesn't do their work.

Yeah I don't care, he's not my employee.

Wanna change that? I'll send you my resume, whenever I get around to it.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    By looking for this meme and posting it, I am still looking busy.

pu1oigmmcgks.jpg
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,541 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if the OP posted this while at work. ;)

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png