Need friends and motivation to hit some tough goals ahead

Options
Hi, i'm new to MyFitnessPal. Looking to get some friends on here that can help motivate overcoming some big hurdles that I have a head of me. I'm getting in around 4 to 5 miles worth of walking/jogging a day and have started eating healthier as well. Looking for friends to add.

Replies

• SunRiseBiker
    SunRiseBiker Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You can add me - I'd be glad to help.
  • JnineGains
    JnineGains Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm down 25 pounds since January 1, 2017.

Thats awesome!

• mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Sent you a friend request, congrats on the 25 lb loss so far!
  • 21ttomlinson
    21ttomlinson Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same situation but no encouragement from family other than my children.
    Happy to be added
  • TeamNemesisSteve
    TeamNemesisSteve Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Made some great new friends! Thanks for the requests. I still don't know how to manually add a few but I'll figure it out.
  • g1pperk
    g1pperk Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Add me as well. I've had obstacles in weight loss and ran a marathon prior. Starting from scratch now.
  • g1pperk
    g1pperk Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Running is awesome. You zone out doing
  • Damien_Scott
    Damien_Scott Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss, keep at it and take it a day at a time. After that first year you'll look back at pictures and really feel the pride within yourself.
    I'm in the same situation but no encouragement from family other than my children.
    Happy to be added

Sadly I hear this a lot. some think that you won't stick with it, others may be jealous that you are trying to better yourself while they don't have the willpower to do the same. You have to be the motivation that pushes you forward. Cherish the support your children give you and ignore the nay saying others bring to the table. Think about how much better the quality of your life with them will be when you are healthier.

If anyone would like some advice or motivation about getting started, losing, or maintaining, please add me as a friend.
  • divinewandererlane
    divinewandererlane Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congrats on what you've accomplished thus far. Considering that you've been working on it since the beginning of the year I imagine you've got some good willpower. Keep it up! :smile:
  • Jonathanak6
    Jonathanak6 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want. I've lost 15 pounds in the past 60 days.
  • ronaldmac
    ronaldmac Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've been a MFP member for a while and if there is anything I can do to help your motivation, feel free to reach out.
    I lost 50 pounds and have maintained for 6 years. BTW, just reached 2,194 days in my streak!
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I would love to support you! :)
  • TeamNemesisSteve
    TeamNemesisSteve Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    This is a great group to be in. Very happy to have made some awesome new friends. Thanks everyone!
  • steplaj
    steplaj Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    @TeamNemesisSteve @4theking @ronaldmac @Jonathanak6 @divinewandererlane @Damien_Scott @g1pperk @21ttomlinson @mndamon @JnineGains @SunRiseBiker

Hi Everyone

I was in the same position, needed support and encouragement. I got involved in the Fat2Fit Weight Loss Challenge and Support Group. This is an awesome group, it helps provide tons of support and encouragement and is fun too. You will build awesome relationships and friendships. We participate in a friendly monthly individual and team competition. The group has nine teams consisting of approximately 30-35 people per team. There are weekly team and group challenges which you can choose to participate in or decide not to - no problem.

You should definitely check out this group - it's awesome and you will be glad you did! Each team has it's own chat room and you share support, encouragement, recipes, stories, or anything else with your teammates. To help you find it easily, I am going to tag each of you on this post and will put links to the group below. Hope to see you all there!

Steve

Group Main Page - http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-fat-2-fit-wlc-and-support-group

Registration Page - http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10580677/august-registraitons-submit-between-jul-23-jul-29#latest
  • Mallyycatt
    Mallyycatt Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    The more friends & positive reinforcement, the better!! Feel free to add me if you think i'm a good fit !

I log in daily !