Favorite Healthy Foods

Options
Here are some of my favorite healthy foods. What are some of yours?

Black Beans (I use them in a lot of recipes)
Sweet Potatoes (They can also be used in so many recipes)
Blueberries (I eat them when I'm craving something sweet. They are delicious and healthy)
Avocado (Good in a sandwich, salad or made into guacamole)
Hummus (Great for dipping carrots into)

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    All of them. All foods contribute to nutrition in some way, and I aim to try everything. Prevents burnout, adds flexibililty.
  • theman900
    theman900 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My boy sweet potato lol
    Yams
    Cassava
    Plantain
    All kinds of berries and nuts except peanuts

Least favorite health foods
    Liver liver liveeeer haha
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    SWEET POTATO SWEET POTATO and more sweet potato
  • brittneynathan0579
    brittneynathan0579 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Bison burgers are delicious! I love a yummy salad and blackberries are my fave
  • High_Five_
    High_Five_ Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Tofu (really - I love it crispy on top of a grain bowl with some delicious sauce)
    Berries
    Broccoli, roasted usually
    Coconut
  • brockhampton
    brockhampton Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    theman900 wrote: »
    My boy sweet potato lol
    katadx wrote: »
    SWEET POTATO SWEET POTATO and more sweet potato

ONE MORE FOR SWEET POTATO SWEET POTATO MASH BAKED SWEET POTATO FRIES WHOLE ROASTED SWEET POTATO SWEET POTATO CHIPS SWEET POTATO PUDDING SWEET POTATO EVERYTHING
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Anything with white potatoes, because nothing fills me up like white potatoes. Other than that, all of it! I am and always have been a big fan of vegetables, fruits, whole grains, legumes, fermented dairy, olive oil, and all that shebang people often introduce to their diet when they decide to lose weight and ditch when they stop watching their diet. These foods have always made the majority of my diet and I enjoy them immensely. No wonder I got fat, I just love all kinds of food. Sweet potatoes are an exception. I have tried them in so many ways, I just can't get over how sweet it is for a vegetable. Vegetables are not supposed to taste this sweet. Yuck. Onions and carrots is as sweet as I'm willing to go.
  • SLLeask
    SLLeask Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    All of what you said apart from the black beans, just can't get to like them. But my favourite thing is a couple of massive field mushrooms topped with halloumi or low-fat cream cheese and garlic if I'm looking to cut a few cals, then roasted in the oven... Mmmmm, I'm hankering after mushrooms now and I can't get them where I currently live. Now I haz a sad... :(
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries when they're in season i.e. now :) I eat them by the punnet.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Huge berry fan, all kinds.
    Mushrooms
    Zucchini
    Apples
    I love all kinds of healthy & nutritious foods, but I could eat these daily and not get tired of them
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Too many to list. In particular, almost all vegetables (if cooked correctly), and many fruits. Fish. Most nuts.
  • conniehgtv
    conniehgtv Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Zucchini with any thing fixed any way
    Esp with pizza sauce and mozzarella
  • bruby28
    bruby28 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    Sweet potatoe fries , eggs with quinoa, avocado on whole wheat bread , cottage cheese , cherries , frozen grapes
  • court_alacarte
    court_alacarte Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Avocados
    Black beans
    Mangoes
    Marcona almonds
    Plantains
    Sashimi
    Seaweed
    Shiitake mushrooms
    Soup
    Water chestnuts
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Brussels sprouts <3
    They make me ... socially unacceptable, though :(
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Butternut squash - cut and roasted with olive oil, salt, and cinnamon! It's fantastic and filling.