ADVICE : CUT

Options
KimmalyS
KimmalyS Posts: 131 Member
Hey everyone,

Wondering what you all do for a routine. How long does it take to see results in losing excess fat?

Replies

• tjones0411
    tjones0411 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    MWF: lift heavy, plus accessory work 2 of those days
    T, TH: 45 min spin class, 30 min GRIT class
    F: Yoga
    Sat, Sun: active recovery days - 3-5 mile walk
  • HermanLily
    HermanLily Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Fat is your diet, the Shape of your body is exercise
  • HermanLily
    HermanLily Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    You can notice the changes with exercise in 30 days or so.
    Depending on how much you have to loose, you could see a change also in a month or 2.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    When I cut..

-I drop my cals to a reasonable deficit (0.5lb per week or so)

-I keep up with my lifting routine (modify volume as needed) I am doing a full body glute routine, 4x per week, plus some yoga and cardio in there

-Keep protein high.. I am for at least 1g per lb bodyweight (0.8-1g per lb bodyweight/lean mass is the recommendation but I go higher for satiety and because I am already fairly lean trying to get leaner)

-In terms of results, I saw them right away as soon as my cals dropped and I lost the bloat. I have been cutting since May and lost 6lbs so far.. so about half of what I gained during my bulk. Right now just on the last few lbs to really get my bodyfat % where I want it.. but this will all depend on how much you have to lose as well as your muscle foundation. Patience is key
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I follow this: https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/frankoman-dumbbell-only-split.html

Except I switched the days so I do this on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday instead, and on Monday, Wednesday and Friday I ride my indoor bike.

I never had much to lose at all, just vanity weight, and it took me about six months to lose 12 pounds.

That looks good! Thanks for the link
  • KimmalyS
    KimmalyS Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!