Loss of motivation

Options
Who else is like me! I'm on my second week of my Keno diet and I'm starting to lose motiviation and get board.

What do you do to keep that motiviation going?

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Is it motivation with keto or motivation with losing weight?
  • LamiesF
    LamiesF Posts: 26 Member
    Options

Both actually! Working out is not an issue but to me maintaining a good eating habits gets me all the time I get lazy preparing food especially that I'm the only one at home who do it. My son is 3.5 and my husband doesn't believe in following a diet.
  • LamiesF
    Options
    xandra47 wrote: »
    Trade motivation for self-discipline, and unless you've got a medical need for keto, stop the keto. Small sustainable changes are much better than crash diets or boot camp programs. I love my carbs! Could I lose fat faster with keto? Probably, but I'd just burn myself out and be miserable in the process, then eat every carb in sight once I hit my goal and gain it all back.

Will I have a problem with bloating so for me when I started it was to test if I'm better and indeed I'm better with out th carbs. And I kinda don't mind the keno diet but I'm losing motivation in preparing food and got board eating the same things over and over.

I'm Arabic and almost 99.9% of our food has carbs in it.
  • LamiesF
    Options
    LamiesF wrote: »

Both actually! Working out is not an issue but to me maintaining a good eating habits gets me all the time I get lazy preparing food especially that I'm the only one at home who do it. My son is 3.5 and my husband doesn't believe in following a diet.

I agree with your husband... eat food you like in portion sizes that put you in a deficit.
    He tells me that all the time
  • Sashslay
    Sashslay Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Girl Arabic food is the greatest food on earth! If I were you I'd be smashing that fatoush down and forgetting all about keno haha

But seriously I get the loss of motivation. I was like that too, forever giving up because it was easier to go back to the way I was. My mantra right now is "don't give up what you want for what you want right now." After a rough first week I saw results and I haven't looked back since! My advice would be, if you're going to do keno push through the lack of motivation for the results that first week or 2 and let the results be your motivation.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Trade motivation for self-discipline, and unless you've got a medical need for keto, stop the keto. Small sustainable changes are much better than crash diets or boot camp programs. I love my carbs! Could I lose fat faster with keto? Probably, but I'd just burn myself out and be miserable in the process, then eat every carb in sight once I hit my goal and gain it all back.

Will I have a problem with bloating so for me when I started it was to test if I'm better and indeed I'm better with out th carbs. And I kinda don't mind the keno diet but I'm losing motivation in preparing food and got board eating the same things over and over.

It seems to me like choosing a diet plan that causes you to eliminate the foods that are common in your home and that you are most familiar with isn't a great plan for long-term success. Is there a specific reason that you chose keto?
  • xandra47
    xandra47 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I've noticed bloating for sure when I over do it on carbs in a single sitting, but not with controlled portions (I weigh my portion of rice now as opposed to filling the bowl like I used to) but if it's all the cooking and meal prep that's getting to you (I sooo totally get it!) then stick with keto if you're liking the results. I spend entirely too much time cooking, but I am getting alot more efficient with it, the more I do it.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I lost my motivation long ago... pretty much just discipline now haha. As for your diet, you'll lose it even faster if you force yourself to eat in a way you don't like/need to. Start as you intend to continue.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    Really, your husband and Tavistocktoad could well be right.
    Try to give it a month of weighing and logging the food your family eats.

If it is too high in carbs for your liking, you can go lower carb without going keto, give yourself a smaller serving of them and a larger serving of something that isn't as carb heavy.

If you have given yourself a large deficit, change it to .5-1 lbs a week.

Cheers, h.
  • LamiesF
    Options
    Sashslay wrote: »
    Girl Arabic food is the greatest food on earth! If I were you I'd be smashing that fatoush down and forgetting all about keno haha

But seriously I get the loss of motivation. I was like that too, forever giving up because it was easier to go back to the way I was. My mantra right now is "don't give up what you want for what you want right now." After a rough first week I saw results and I haven't looked back since! My advice would be, if you're going to do keno push through the lack of motivation for the results that first week or 2 and let the results be your motivation.

Fatouch, tabouleh and all the yummy goodness of Hummus meat and pine nuts loool.

Yea I'm pushing through it tomorrow is my second cycle carbdaynso I get to enjoy a little bit of that :)
  • LamiesF
    Options

It seems to me like choosing a diet plan that causes you to eliminate the foods that are common in your home and that you are most familiar with isn't a great plan for long-term success. Is there a specific reason that you chose keto?

Yea b cause of bloating I also cut lactos as well.
  • LamiesF
    Options
    I've noticed bloating for sure when I over do it on carbs in a single sitting, but not with controlled portions (I weigh my portion of rice now as opposed to filling the bowl like I used to) but if it's all the cooking and meal prep that's getting to you (I sooo totally get it!) then stick with keto if you're liking the results. I spend entirely too much time cooking, but I am getting alot more efficient with it, the more I do it.

Exactly it's not being away from carbs. Because honestly to me not the fries or bread but I do like my rise but I'm fine being away. If my meals were preped and ready for me I wouldn't lose that motiviation. It's just preparing and thinking of what I need to eat is what gets me.
  • LamiesF
    Options
    I lost my motivation long ago... pretty much just discipline now haha. As for your diet, you'll lose it even faster if you force yourself to eat in a way you don't like/need to. Start as you intend to continue.

You are right I have to be more disciplined. The fact that I'm seeing the results. It should by it self motiviation me.
  • LamiesF
    Options
    Really, your husband and Tavistocktoad could well be right.
    Try to give it a month of weighing and logging the food your family eats.

If it is too high in carbs for your liking, you can go lower carb without going keto, give yourself a smaller serving of them and a larger serving of something that isn't as carb heavy.

If you have given yourself a large deficit, change it to .5-1 lbs a week.

Cheers, h.

Thank you, i have to keep going until I finish this 6 weeks plan of keto. I will get to find a company that actually can prepare the food for me that is strictly keto. My problem really is that I work full time and I take care of my 3.5 take care of housevwork and workout so adding cook 2 different types of food one for my husband and son and the other for me is what's getting to me.