Average calorie burn daily according to Fitbit

Options
jmac4263
jmac4263 Posts: 245 Member
I took a months average of what my Fitbit says I burn and my daily average is 2535. If I try to stay with 1758 calories which is what a calculator on line tells me, I feel like I'm starving.

I am active, I gym 5 to 6 days a week I ride my bike 20 to 30 miles a week and lift weights that's what my gym time is. I walk at work, pack pallets, move boxes ect.

I am 5'4 and like 163 pounds.

Do you go by your fit bit calculations? How do I get started back at losing weight without feeling like I'm starving???

Replies

• Juniper210
    Juniper210 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    That's set up for a loss of 1.5 lbs per week. Not sure what your goal weight is, but at 163, I'd guess you're probably at another 20ish pounds to go? I'd adjust to lose 1 lb per week and eat more calories if you're starving. The weight loss needs to be sustainable, and if you're starving with the calorie requirements to lose 1.5 per week, the easiest change is to switch to 1 lb and go from there.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    That's a 30% deficit, which is extremely high. I would reduce that to no more than 20%.
  • jmac4263
    jmac4263 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'm just not sure if it's really that much of a deficit. I do have a HR on my fit bit i guess I can try at 1800 or so and see
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You're right, your calories burned could be overestimated. But the only way you'll know if it is is to watch your results over the next 4-6 weeks.