My wife- was training for a triathlon now in a wheelchair over night

Options
Heyheather2711
Heyheather2711 Posts: 17 Member
edited July 2017 in Motivation and Support
My wife Heather was fairly active here on MFP and has made a lot of friends on here.

This is her account.

She just turned 30 and needs life saving brain surgery. She was training for a triathlon and woke up one day unable to feel her legs paralyzed forever.

This is personal and it has been a very hard 6 months for my family, Heather became paralyzed in her legs, and also lost a lot of other motor and nerve function skills such as ability to speak at times, fine motor movement and it even effects or arms and other things like eyesight which vary day to day.

We just learned that Heather has rare lifelong neurological conditions (Chiari & Syringomyelia) which are life threatening and she is facing brain surgery after just turning 30 last month.

She also will be going through several months of inpatient brain injury and spinal injury physical therapy, plus the 18 month recovery time from her brain surgery.

So needless to say, Heather has been unable to participate like she had hoped on here the last 6 months after being so active.

Please pray for my wife, our family is just very overwhelmed with all of this.

[edited by MFP Mods]

Replies

• msmcmillan0316
    msmcmillan0316 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    prayers up
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    This is very sad and I'm sure hard for you guys. I notice she has been in a wheelchair for quite some time, looking at her previous posts. Is the new diagnosis related, or new?
  • Heyheather2711
    Options
    Everything is within the last year.
  • Heyheather2711
    Options
    And yes everything was just confirmed recently it's a very RARE condition that commonly gets misdiagnosed
  • Daisies4Days
    Daisies4Days Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    So sorry that all of you are going through this. Sending healing thoughts your way for a safe surgery and recovery. ❤️
  • Akkael
    Akkael Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    ☹️I will be praying for you and your family.
  • Mrsabror
    Mrsabror Posts: 41 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Praying for your wife, very sorry to hear that...
  • fmps5
    fmps5 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear this, she is in our prayers..
  • charlenechaz
    charlenechaz Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Really sorry to hear this. Prayers for you all ❤
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear this. She's in our prayers. x
  • ammaranaeem90
    ammaranaeem90 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wishing her the best of health and bundles of patience for the family! Can't begin to imagine what it must be like. Really sorry to hear this
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Love from my family to yours <3. How are Heather's spirits? Does the surgery have a good history of success?
  • norawaller
    norawaller Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Prayers are being offered. This is the best thing any of us could do for her.
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Prayers! <3
  • newjax2017
    newjax2017 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    My prayers are with you.
  • megemrj
    megemrj Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Definitely sending prayers up. Breaks my heart for her and your family.

Look for pearls everyday. Even on the darkest. Lifting her spirits through positivity can do wonders for the soul.
  • judydj1220
    judydj1220 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear this. All 4 of my friend's children have Chiari and have been dealing with headaches, surgeries, shunts, etc. for the past 10+ years. I'm praying Heather, you and your family remain strong through this.
  • 25agirard
    25agirard Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    prayers
  • 40ishloser12
    40ishloser12 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am truly sorry hear of this. Thoughts and prayers are with you.
  • anonuser369
    anonuser369 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Prayers.