new member in Cornwall-intro (10st lost in last 18months)

Options
hi there, my name is Jon, although i am new to 'myfitnesspal' i have been focused on losing weight since last aug.2016 when i turned 50 ,at that time i weighed 190kg (418lbs or 30.2st) and as of yesterday 26/7/17 i have lost 46kg (101.2lbs or 7.8st).
At my heaviest in about dec 2015 i was 207kg (456lbs or32.5st) so overall in that 18months i have lost 10st. soooooo only another 10st to go! stage 1 complete.
Basically i have cut out all take away foods no crisps or chocolate, no snacking, i dont drink booze and no fizzy, and NO BREAD of any kind, infact cut the carbs right down, no pasta, and small amounts of brown rice.
i walk and have a cross trainer and have just got hold of a multi gym for stage 2 of the journey.
The only thing that changed overall was my mindset to lose weight- if you go in half heartedly i think you just struggle. i get weighed at my doctors every couple of weeks, so they have been tracking my loss.
i now that large weight loss is a daunting prospect- (but it can definatly be done 'cos if i can anybody can!!)

Replies

• Carl_Carlson
    Carl_Carlson Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Jon, don't give up the ship quite yet. You already lost 10st and improved your overall health; you're halfway there mate.
  • RamboKitty87
    RamboKitty87 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hey Jon, welcome! great to see another from the UK :) congrats on your progress so far its very inspiring to read, this is the best website I have found for logging... I mean this website has tesco value which I love haha! anyway don't give up keep going as you've done so well :) what helped change my mindset was not seeing it as a diet but seeing it as a healthy lifestyle as I will be most likely still be logging after I reach maintenance as I don't trust myself lol I'm a foodie and if its not logged I won't be able to keep track, I love planning my meals a day or 2 in advance as it helps me keep on track, routine has helped me so much :)
    Only been at it for 6 months but I am 73 lbs down and got about 100 lbs more to go.
    P.S I switched rice for pearl barley as brown rice was making me feel very bloated and I'm really enjoying it :)
  • bigjonb4116
    bigjonb4116 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    cheers guys, i still have motivation, and its still coming off!!
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Hi! Congratulations on your success. I was 40 lb overweight. Took 9 months to lose it (I'm short and hypothyroid) but going to the gym definitely helped. So my maintenance weight is 120 lb/8.5 stone. I'm American but I used an online converter to get both measurements. Working out has definitely been key for me and it will help you also.