one week I loose 7lbs and one week I loose nothing....

Options
2»

Replies

• MrsLengares2015
    MrsLengares2015 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    mllc2017 wrote: »
    I think what happens (if you are truly in a deficit)... the first week you lose 6lbs maybe 3 of it is fat and 3 is water. So the next week when you do not lose lbs maybe your body comp has changed slightly because maybe you gained those 3lbs of water back but lost 3lbs of fat and so the scale doesn't change. I have noticed with myself that I lose for a couple weeks and then at a certain point in my cycle I start retaining water so I don't lose any weight for about a week and a half but I do not freak out because then after I have my period I lose the water and after I'm less bloated I can see that I actually look better and have lost more fat.

I really wish there was a way to get the message out to people not to be discouraged if you don't lose weight for a week or two when you seem to be doing everything right. The overall trend is what's really important. Sometimes I think people get to the 2-3rd week stop seeing a good loss, get in their own head and then end up self sabotaging when if they would just be patient and keep at it for another week or two they would see the loss.

Thank you for your reply! I am starting to realize that the weeks I don't lose weight are due to my cycle or ovulation. I am not giving up but I won't be so hard on myself anymore as long as I lose other weeks. I have literally been losing 1 week -lost 7lbs, week 2- gained 2lbs, week 3 -lost 8lbs, week 4 - stayed the same, week 5 -lost 8lbs. the pattern is inline with my cycles so I am going to take it as that.