Not loosing but gaining weight ;-(

Options
2»

Replies

• missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    It's not your age. I used that excuse for a while, too. ;) I'm 50.
  • meomai2
    meomai2 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I thought this might be the case about muscle build but I'm hardly seeing results on the tape measure either
  • duddysdad
    duddysdad Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    My wife's 88 year old grandmother lost almost 100 pounds, on purpose. It's not age.
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    meomai2 wrote: »
    49, I've took everyone's advice on here I mixed it together, I'll track every bit I eat and drink and see if I have any results, my daily calorie intake is 1200 and I don't enter my work outs so I'm obviously burning off a hell of a lot more than I'm taking in

There's a red flag in here that you should be careful with. Be very careful with the part of your quote that I highlighted. Many folks who try to do this have one of two major problems:

1 - They crash and burn because they're not eating enough and can't sustain it.

-or-

2 - They maintain a "bigger is better" deficit "just to be safe" and then suffer the consequences of not eating enough - all in a rush to lose weight faster.

I'm not saying you are doing that, but it is important to not accelerate the process. Losing hair, brittle nails, even cognitive function, among other things can be impaired if you are not fueling your body adequately. [ETA - left an obvious one out: loss of muscle mass - something you do not want.] So if you don't enter your workouts, at least be aware that if you are starting with a high deficit to begin with (I'm not sure what your current TDEE is with the workout load you do, or your current weight), it could be detrimental.

As tempting as it can be, don't try to lose too quickly. If you're not doing this for your overall health, you should be. If you are doing this for your overall health, you would already ensure that the process is healthy, not necessarily quick.
  • meomai2
    Options
    I was told by a PT not to enter my work outs, I started at 71lbs and now approx 76lbs, sorry to sound thick but what's TDEE? I'll start tracking my work outs too
  • ezekielsherrard205735
    ezekielsherrard205735 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    it happens ;)t6y2y2gd23.jpg

• CookiesBeGone
    CookiesBeGone Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Where you on a very restrictive diet? I found that usually was my problem as I found it unsustainable... if not then could it be that you put on muscle whilst exercising that was causing you to gain weight? Remember that gaining weight doesn't always mean that you're gaining extra fat tissue x
  • meomai2
    Options
    Not really I'm vegetarian so sometimes eating same things each day
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    meomai2 wrote: »
    I was told by a PT not to enter my work outs, I started at 71lbs and now approx 76lbs, sorry to sound thick but what's TDEE? I'll start tracking my work outs too

Are you saying you weigh 76lbs?