How to get more protein

Options
caralynnbrothers
caralynnbrothers Posts: 1 Member
I am just starting macro counting and it seems impossible to get enough protein, any suggestions?

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    that is very vague...what is your current protein goal? what are you currently eating daily?
  • britbrit42
    britbrit42 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Trimino protein infused water
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    How much protein are you aiming for?
    If you are eating meat, you are getting enough protein.
  • johnw83
    johnw83 Posts: 6,219 Member
    Options
    chicken is good
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    I get enough protein without really trying, so it's possible. It would depend on what amount of protein you're trying to get and what you think is a lot...
  • toran1
    toran1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Pork loin is great and zero carbs to boot!
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    toran1 wrote: »
    Pork loin is great and zero carbs to boot!

but a decent amount of fat (4oz is 23g protein and 4-5g fat) - so if you are watching that you need to be aware
  • shandamccann01
    shandamccann01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Premier protien shakes 30 g if protein. Great for on the go.
  • czmiles926
    czmiles926 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Rusty740 wrote: »
    Look for dairy products like cottage cheeses, lean meats like chicken & turkey, and many beans and lentils. One of the ones that surprised me most is just good old fashioned frozen green peas. Edamame are great too.

Same, I was really suprised at the protein content in peas as well. Another one which suprised me was courgette which had a (just trying to remember off thr top of my head) macro split of about 2/5 protein, 2/5 carb and 1/5 fat.

My main sources of protein are yogurt, cottage cheese, eggs, milk, nuts, chickpeas, lentils, beans, tuna, fish fingers and Quorn products.
  • CHERHUN
    CHERHUN Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    One thing I do that I drink of a a premier a protein drink it has 30 grams of protein in it you can buy it at Walmart Sam's Costco
  • drbeanie2000
    drbeanie2000 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Lean ground anything - chicken & turkey for less fat, but beef & lamb too. Low-fat cottage cheese provides a ton. Greek yogurt. I rarely get lower than 85 grams a day, often over 100, without trying. It's probably too much.
  • GlassAngyl
    GlassAngyl Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Meat with skin and fat gives you fats and proteins..
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I am just starting macro counting and it seems impossible to get enough protein, any suggestions?

Eat more meat.
  • kspirit
    kspirit Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Tuna, greek, yogurt, cottage cheese, fish...I get way over my protein according to mfp.
  • LarryRacesBikes
    LarryRacesBikes Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Same problem, I eat a lot of fruits and fresh vegetables. Looking at adding Whey Protein Powder to shakes and supllement snacking.