Alcohol

Options
13»

Replies

• partisseo
    partisseo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hypsibius wrote: »
    Do you guys manage to drink alcohol and still maintain your weight? How often do you drink and what do you usually drink? Yesterday I drank 5 glasses diet coke with vodka and 2 shots of whiskey , but then I got really hungry and ended up eating A LOT ! Hopefully it wont show that much on the scale !

I know people who drink a bunch and maintain or cut weight.

I am NOT one of those people. Too much alcohol makes me feel starving -- I crave lots of greasy food, and it obliterates my willpower for the next 48 hours as I try to feel better. On top of that, I'm unlikely to work out in any serious way.

A glass or two of wine or a beer on weekend doesn't affect me much though, so I keep it to that.

7 drinks and I'd be a bit of a mess. It was a lot easier in my 20s because I'd bounce back faster, but 30s? Hell no.

• LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I can maintain/lose and drink but since turning 30 I feel so terrible the next day if I have more than one drink that it ruins my workouts. I was able to get to my leanest and fittest while drinking 2 glass of wine every day in my 20's but I quit drinking while I was pregnant and never got a tolerance back. I guess it's for the best because even though it doesn't impact my weight it surely impacts my health.

I still drink one glass of wine several days a week but I don't eat dessert so I figure it's OK. Also I sleep soooo much better when I don't drink, it's amazing actually.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I think any alcohol is fine as long as it fits within calorie goals. For me though, I usually stick to wine because I love it, or vodka sodas (as in club soda/ seltzer) because it's low-cal. However, I do have to "hold off" on drinking until towards the end of the night, when I'm spending an hour or two just chilling. If I start too early, I'm likely to have that "one more" I shouldn't have and end up going over my cals on alcohol and/or making poor food decisions and going over my cals that way.
  • ericaswith88
    ericaswith88 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Oh the whole alcohol/weight struggle. Been there done that, sometimes with more success than others lol. I use to drink whiskey with proper (flavored water). This kept me from getting as dehydrated. In my experience though I always want to eat! The next day my appetite is through the roof! I haven't come up with a working solution.
  • countcurt
    countcurt Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I like a glass of wine or a beer in the evening. Like a lot of other ingestibles, I find higher quality liquors don't require as large a quantity to satisfy me. Also, If I'm savoring a good pour, I like to take my time. And it occupies my hands as well as my time. Translation: I don't graze nearly as much.

I, too, am way past the point of 5-7 drinks in a given day. So I have no idea what you can or can't do at that level.