Hi Keto with Diabetes Type 2

Options
I am on Keto for my diabetes. I have lost 26 lbs doing low carb eating. I live in Alabama and post my weekly menu plans on YouTube. My hubby and I are retired. His 86 yo mom lives with us. Hi everyone!

Replies

• caitfaulkner11
    caitfaulkner11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm also doing the keto diet! I'm a maid of honor so the bride and I are trying to lose some extra weight and get looking good in our dresses. But extra help and motivation is definitely need!
  • Jhoyledistinct
    Jhoyledistinct Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi just starting... In the process of doing keto research to know how to follow in a healthy way
  • Mishicakes
    Mishicakes Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Me too, do you know your macros?
  • TheHawk007
    TheHawk007 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    2 here, and and just had a kidney checkup...........................not good. GL to all.
  • SolotoCEO
    SolotoCEO Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I was diagnosed with diabetes in August. I'm not on a "keto" diet but do eat mostly lean meats and veggies - keeping net carbs to 60 or so per day. Good luck!
  • starnold2418
    starnold2418 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    For your diabetes try cutting out meat for several weeks. I was pre diabetic and after 2 weeks on a plant based diet my blood sugar was normal
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    The book Dr Bernstein's Diabetes Solution is a great source for diabetes who use low carbs to manage their blood glucose. He has a few good YouTube videos too (Richard Bernstein).

Congrats on your success so far!