Would you run/work out in a sports bra?

Options
NYCNika
NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
If you had abs. Or still not?

I know for me it is an ultimate NSV, but some view it like running in underwear.

Which camp are you? Do you look down or do you admire a woman who is working out is a sports bra with no tank?

Replies

• anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    totally would if i lived in california or some other place it wasn't a big deal. not in my town.
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    i wouldn't workout in a sports bra, but i am a guy! however, it doesn't bother me what you work out in. if it is comfortable and motivating to you, then wear it and kick some butt in it!
  • silken555
    silken555 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Do it regardless...much more comfortable to me.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't even though I could now since I workout at home. If I were to lay down on the floor, I would get all itchy if I had too much exposed skin. I don't wear shorts for that reason either. If I was running I probably still wouldn't because I am pale pale pale and like to keep my skin as protected as possible. Me and my sensitive skin. If I didn't have the delicate complexion of a queen, I would totally rock a sports bra and some teeny weeny tight shorts!
  • SadFaerie
    SadFaerie Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't even though I could now since I workout at home. If I were to lay down on the floor, I would get all itchy if I had too much exposed skin. I don't wear shorts for that reason either. If I was running I probably still wouldn't because I am pale pale pale and like to keep my skin as protected as possible. Me and my sensitive skin. If I didn't have the delicate complexion of a queen, I would totally rock a sports bra and some teeny weeny tight shorts!
    This. I like high intensity workouts and I sweat like a pig, need fitted tees to absorb it, or else I'm be standing in a puddle of my own sweat.
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I do most of the time, because most of my workouts are in my home. If I'm outside, I throw on a sports tank because I'm still shrinking my tummy.
  • OddballExtreme
    OddballExtreme Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I do most of the time, because most of my workouts are in my home. If I'm outside, I throw on a sports tank because I'm still shrinking my tummy.
    ^^This is the same way for me. I'm so self-conscious, I won't wear the sports bra by itself out of the house.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    No. I like my t-shirts. They're cool. I wouldn't wear a regular bra out by itself, either.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Once I lose the fat where I want to (why can't we spot-reduce?!?! lol), you'll be yelling at me to put clothes on!! hahah

I haven't seen anyone around here running in sports bras, but I sooo would! hahah
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I think it all depends how confident you are in yourself. I wear a vest over mine but don't think badly of girls who don't.
  • JumpingDog
    JumpingDog Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I run on a treadmill inside my home in a sports bra, and I have gone out into my yard in one. As for running down the street, sure, I don't care at all (and I have a little gut). I sweat crazily so I understand how it could be more comfortable.

With the current temperatures in Florida right now though, running outside for me would be a bad idea. Currently feels like 93F due to the humidity.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    NoPE
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    totally would if i lived in california or some other place it wasn't a big deal. not in my town.

Me too. A little too much attention here or something. There is one or two women who do.
    It was my goal to do on a vacation too. I always run laps on the cruise so I wanted to be able to do it in a sports bra. Done. I've also done it on the beach down south too, then jumped right in the water.
    I am not really comfortable wearing it running here.

I will likely at some point this summer, end up taking off my tank at crossfit and doing the workout in a sports bra. I havent' yet, but both times I wanted to I was wearing a shirt with a built in bra. Its a different atmosphere there and there aren't as many to witness it.
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    At home when I do my strength I work out in my underwear, that's the benefit of working out at home. I see women on the river and my other running path running in sports bras, it's fine for them, I wouldn't do it, but my stomach is still all warped from childbirth. I generally wear very short running shorts and a tank over my sports bra.
  • bonnielyntwenty
    Options
    if your comfortable why not!!!....go for it!!....same a a bathing suit top with better support to keep the girls in place!
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I used to be in decent shape but have always been very very modest. When I gained all this weight I didn't want to show any skin ever because I wasn't comfortable or confident. For the first summer in a very long time I am wearing shorts instead of capris. When I say shorts I mean the itty bitty running shorts too lol. It's scary and liberating to me at the same time. I'm not 100% confident, but I run about 50 miles/week and that's what these running shorts are made for so, here I am.

Now back to your question: I've always wondered that if when I'm more confident in my body composition if it would be enough to run or workout in my sports bra? For now my answer is I don't know... My modesty is still keeping me from being able to wrap my head around it.

If YOU are comfortable and confident go ROCK that sports bra! I don't think it's indecent, we go out in public in bathing suits that sometimes don't even cover as much as a sports bra does. I just don't know if I would be able to.

ETA: home gyms--anything goes lol.
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I strongly encourage this behavior.
  • VixenArgentum
    VixenArgentum Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    If one wants to compare publicly wearing a sports bra and a real bra, people shouldn't wear swimwear in public because I have underwear with more coverage than the average bikini, lol.

I run in a sports bra, but only with pants that are higher cut. Nobody needs to see the extra jiggle of my lower stomach. I actually don't wear a shirt because it's just one more thing to get dirty and need washing.

I live in a college town with many women who do the same thing, so its not out of place or attention drawing.
  • Fithealthyforlife
    Fithealthyforlife Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    It's what's on the inside that matters...anyone who judges you by the surface of your body or what you're wearing over it/lack of, has issues. Period.
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    Nope. I have to wear two at a time.