New to this!

Options
I am new to all the apps and plans. I have been struggling with weight for as long as I can remember. I am to the point where I am considering surgery but I really want to try and push myself as hard as I can first. My goal is to lose atleast 225lbs. I know that's alot and I have a lot of work to do. I have started eating healthier and drinking tons of water. I found a beginners work out app for my phone and I have started that. It's a simple light work out that is only 20 mins but since it's been so long I sure still feel the burn. We also have a new gym opening up that I can't wait to sign up for. I'm willing to take in Any advice from others who have been in my shoes. I am only 5'3 and severely over weight. Please don't be judgmental I am really trying to make a change in my life and don't need any negativity. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Replies

• haalastar2
    haalastar2 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey! Good for you taking the first steps to a healthier you!!! Feel free to add me!
  • Crriggs84
    Crriggs84 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm am definitely scared because I have been big most of my life. I've lost weight when I was younger but always gain it back plus extra. This is the biggest I have ever been. I want nothing more than to be able to keep up with my 4 year old and not be out of breathe.
  • haalastar2
    Options
    I hear ya on keeping up with the kids. I have a 9 yr old, a 1 1/2 year-old and a 9 month old. Tis why I started working out in earnest about 3 weeks ago.
  • Crriggs84
    Options
    I am hoping that with support and the help of this app that I will be able to stick with this. My big thing is I'm a snacker so I have had to get rid off everything that isn't healthy. I get bored and automatically look for something to munch on. Watching a movie is always the hardest. I. Trying to switch to veggies and fruits.
  • haalastar2
    Options
    I'm a slacker too. It helps me a lot to find something to keep my hands busy while watching movies. I'm currently crocheting a blanket lol
  • haalastar2
    Options
    Snacker! Darn phone ....
  • Crriggs84
    Options
    That's not a bad idea actually. I have some of those cool adult coloring books that I do sometimes but it doesn't always work. I might need to learn how to crochet or something.