Things To Accomolish.. other than the # on the scale...

Options
What is something you want to accomplish along or at the end of your journey other than the # on the scale? Example: I want to feel comfortable in a medium shirt again. Maybe even fit my *kitten* into a size 8 jeans...
45 lbs to go for me!

Replies

• maryccameron
    maryccameron Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to run again properly, get back in to my size 12 jeans and wear a medium top!
    Just need to keep motivated!
  • Carriebear174
    Carriebear174 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to look in the mirror and not feel disgusted with what i see.
  • amandallee
    amandallee Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I wanted to get my liver enzymes back in the normal range and losing 43 lbs did it! I also wanted to be active again and feel comfortable wearing a bikini and I can say that after losing the excess weight I feel completely confident wearing bikinis! I've been in maintenance for almost 4 years now :)

Congratulations!
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    amandallee wrote: »
    I wanted to get my liver enzymes back in the normal range and losing 43 lbs did it! I also wanted to be active again and feel comfortable wearing a bikini and I can say that after losing the excess weight I feel completely confident wearing bikinis! I've been in maintenance for almost 4 years now :)

Congratulations!

Thanks! It wasn't easy but it was so worth it. If I can do it, surely anyone can. Good luck!
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    One of my thoughts before this journey that I would like to fit in (Dutch) size 38 again. Currently I am 34/36 Just entered maintenance.
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options
    I want my current two tightest pairs of jeans to be a little looser. After that, my last two pairs of Goal Jeans (different pairs this time- I have a lot of jeans!), including a pair I bought after Christmas as a challenge for the new year, are now a little loose, and I'm now daydreaming about the next size down.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I want to be able to keep up with my kids more and to not get out of breath and have my heart racing after walking to my basement and back up the stairs doing laundry. I get worn out fast. I'm almost 49 and need to do this. And to think I'm only 40-50 lbs overweight right now! I feel bad that I even get out of breath so easily but I do.
  • WanderingRivers
    WanderingRivers Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Ideally, I'd like to fit into a size 12 and be fit enough to try a VBAC if I can summon up the courage for TTC.
  • Bananady
    Bananady Posts: 3 Member
    Options

This takes more than weightloss, it is hard to start loving yourself. You are worth so much- including your own unconditional love. Judging your body and yourself so harshly in a time it needs the most love and nurturing. If you treated a child like you treat yourself, it would probably grow up to have quite a few issues. Start laying the ground work for body positivity, and you will (very slowly) see a difference on the outside xx
  • Carriebear174
    Carriebear174 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Bananady wrote: »

This takes more than weightloss, it is hard to start loving yourself. You are worth so much- including your own unconditional love. Judging your body and yourself so harshly in a time it needs the most love and nurturing. If you treated a child like you treat yourself, it would probably grow up to have quite a few issues. Start laying the ground work for body positivity, and you will (very slowly) see a difference on the outside xx

Thank you
  • Spiegelchan
    Spiegelchan Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to do a muscle-up on rings, and a handstand, and a backflip, and to vault over a low wall, but most of all I want to be able to do a quad jump on ice :)
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to do an obstacle course race :)
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to run a half marathon. Oh and get into those clothes collecting dust in the corner of my closet :D
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I do this every year. This year's challenge is to complete a 1.2 mile open water swim, last year was to swim a mile in a pool without stopping.

The open water part of the swim scares me...it's in a little over 3 weeks
  • enyagoboom
    enyagoboom Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to do an obstacle course race :)

Same here! I'm signed up for the Tough Mudder in VA next June and i'm working slowly towards that. First thing is the C25K and then I'll be hitting the weights at the gym.

I have a lot of small goals - some are weight related but I have a lot of NSV to help push me along as well. I started writing them out last night and have listed some rewards (non-food related which is tough yo!)

Today is 28 days of logging though so I'm feeling pretty good!
  • kimirayray
    kimirayray Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Amanda - we have the same goal. just met the size 8 - my biggest achievement would be to get these "sauce arms" skinny and in shape as well as lose 30 more pounds. Feeling great that I lost 16 so far!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I want to deadlift 375 lbs (specifically this Saturday at my competition :# )

I want to do a muscle-up, too.
  • Afaye95
    Afaye95 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My goal is to fit into my old dress parts and be able to wear a medium shirt again.
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I want to feel good again. I don't have a number in mind - the scale doesn't matter. But I hate feeling fluffy.