Isagenix opinions on drinking only 1 shake a day

I used to drink Shakeology but I can't drink it anymore due to cost. I know Isagenix recommends 2 shakes a day but again, I can't afford to drink 2 shakes a day so I'm thinking of trying Isagenix once a day. How do you find it helps with cravings, weight loss and overall health? I have about 40 lbs to lose and loved/miss having my shake every day. TIA :)

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    I've never used Isagenix, but I don't find shakes in general keep me full. I'll sometimes make a smoothie for breakfast if I'm not that hungry. Shakes don't help with weight loss other than being calorie controlled. I find a protein rich low cal meal (like grilled shrimp or chicken spinach salad) way more filling for similar calories. I could def never do 2 shakes a day, I'd be chewing on my arm :lol:

If it helps, you don't need to buy special products to lose weight, just eat regular food at the right calorie level. If you really like shakes though, you could buy a decent but much cheaper protein powder and blend it with some greens and frozen berries for less money I think. Good luck!
  • AmandaDanceMore
    AmandaDanceMore Posts: 298 Member
    I don't know how expensive Shakeology is, but Isagenix is NOT cheap. O top of that, I GAINED while on it, and was constantly hungry, or just craving FOOD. Yuck. Hated it.

I do keep some variety of protein shake around (I am liking Orgain but have also used Vega One)) because it is a nice way for me to get something quick in my system, especially if I'm not feeling hungry but know it will be awhile before I can eat properly. And because I'm vegetarian, it can bump up my protein intake. I also realized that either of those products (plus I'm sure many others) have less sugar, less calories, and just about the same amount of protein than Isagenix, and they are a fraction of the cost.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,727 Member
    Try GNC or Optimum nutrition. 1/4 the price. better ingredients.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard is rated in top 10 in many lists. I buy it at Costco but I think walmart and target sell it.
    If taste is an issue, you can make your drink with milk.
  • Bianca42
    Bianca42 Posts: 310 Member
    I switched from Shakeology to Garden of Life RAW Fit. ($35 vs. $120) I looked at Isagenix briefly because it was cheaper for a container. But the containers are much smaller, so it really didn't end up being much cheaper.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Shakeology is just a protein powder with added powdered vitamins. If you miss the vitamins, consider a regular protein powder with a multivitamin.
  • PurpleLavender77
    PurpleLavender77 Posts: 201 Member
    The IsaLean Pro Shakes from Isagenix are very filling. I think you could lose weight on 1 shake a day as long as you are exercising and keeping your calories in range. But that being said, you could lose weight WITHOUT shakes at all, and lose weight by exercise and diet. Isagenix is just a tool. Personally, I really like the products and shakes! And I feel like I've tried them all!
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    edited August 2017
    I googled isalean pro shakes. I got 290 calories. 13 grams of added sugar (no wonder people like them).
    The protein drink I take only has 110 calories. Gold Standard Optimum Nutrition. And, it costs a lot less per serving. 1 gram of sugar per serving.