Anybody up for Christmas challenge?

Options
Rays_Wife
Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
Hello,

Is there anybody out there who would like to form a "stay on track for Christmas" group with me? I hate to admit it but ever since my father passed away 4 months ago I have been struggling to make it even a couple days without exploding my calorie goal. I'm not usually one to reach out for much but I really need help. I don't have a specific weight goal I would like to reach by Christmas, I would just like to stay on track EVERY DAY until Christmas (and beyond that, obviously) and see where that takes me. I just need to get back into the swing of things.

It just kills me that I have back tracked so much....I gained back 38 of the 60 pounds I originally lost. It is purely from emotional eating and not giving a crap. I know this is not what my father would want for me. He was one of my biggest supporters. I miss him so much. Guess I just had to get it out there :cry: :brokenheart:

Replies

• action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I am really sorry for your loss. It must be hard to deal with your grief without resorting to eating your feelings. I think one of the best things I did on my "diet" so far was participate in "No-Cheat November" on here. It was close to the beginning of my journey, and really helped me solidify good habits. A goal spanning five months seems like it could get lost quite easily though. Do you think a 30 day challenge might be more beneficial to more people?
  • tootchute
    tootchute Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    More info and I like to be in it.
  • Mythril
    Mythril Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm willing to do a Christmas challenge with you! I'm really sorry about your father, that is a deep pain that hurts daily. I know. I just lost my aunt who was like a second mother to me this month, and I cry daily. But I'm trying to keep going with my diet and be healthy because I know she's rooting for me. I will be your support buddy.
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Maybe set a monthly, bi-monthly, or weekly mini-goal? action_figure is right, 5 months is a long time and it's easy to derail if your only goal is "stay on target!"

I'm pretty confident I can reach my final GW by Christmas; starting tomorrow I'm going to be out of the house 10 hours a day 5 days a week, so I'll be more active and less able to snack. I'm in.
  • lisaleftear
    lisaleftear Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry! I completely identify with you. I lost my mother and sister within 9 months of each other. Very Hard! I had given up too. I'm working towards re-gaining control. I'm currently participating in a 10 pound challenge. I think the smaller challenges work better! 10 pounds is obtainable! After this challenge I would like to participate in another one. They seem to really help. I'm only concentrating on these 10 pounds and not thinking about the rest I need to lose. Seems to be working.
    God bless you! Don't give up on yourself, your father would want you to have the best healthy life possible!
  • butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join! I've gain 7 lbs from the 30 I had lost and I'm getting sick of re-gaining weight. Feel free to add me and/or message me details :) I need a good motivator!

And your dad would be proud of you for getting motivated and motivating other to get healthier :)
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    ill be to my goal weight and maintaining by christmas
  • fstephanie4
    fstephanie4 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Firstly, I am so sorry for your loss. I can only imagine how difficult this is for you and being an emotional eater myself I can kind of relate to the food situation.

Xmas, for me, is the hardest time of year so I would love to join a group that helps with that! I really want to keep the weight off this time. (lost 30lbs but gained 10lbs back starting at xmas).

Being in a group such as this might help me motivate others too as I feel I'm letting my MFP pals down!

Steph :)
  • shrimpydoo
    shrimpydoo Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm in for a mini challenge :) Sorry about your loss. My own dad is very ill right now and I realize how easy it is to find comfort in food.
  • pauluk1978
    pauluk1978 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    count me in - sounds good
  • tootchute
    tootchute Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    By Christmas I want to at least loose 42-45 pounds. That should take me from 307 - 265 (still would need a long way after but it's a start)
  • CAS317
    CAS317 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your loss. I also lost my father but it was 16 years ago. The good thing is that it will get easier to deal with. That's not to say that you won't miss him any less. He will ALWAYS be in your heart.

I would love to be a part of a new challenge. I have joined a few but for whatever reason I did not stick to them. Keep me posted when you have more information:)
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I think it's great that you are turning this around! I would be interested in LOGGING, WHATEVER HAPPENS through to Christmas. I want to stay on track, my own problem is sticking my head down and lalalalalalalalala-it's not happening- when I derail, however temporarily or not... I will keep checking in with this thread! I have just got to 10 days logging when I started in January! :flowerforyou:
  • rosielko
    rosielko Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss *hugs* i lost my brother 6 months ago and i would love to join in...
  • lag731
    lag731 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have been there too and it is hard not to eat when thoughts come flooding in. I 'm ready for a challenge . Plus I need friend to keep me honest . Let me know the details . :)
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Thank you to all who have replied. I am busy right now for a couple more hours but will be back later to iron out the details!

<3
  • lcyfrn
    lcyfrn Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely in! I have around 60lbs to lose in total, but would like to have lost 30-40 by Christmas so up for this! Keep me posted :) xxx
  • lorarocks61
    lorarocks61 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss. I can really identify with eating your loss. My daughter died eight years ago, and I have steadily gained weight since. It is to the point that I have some significant health issues because of it. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • bonetifulbitch
    bonetifulbitch Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i am totally up for this. i know what it's like to lose someone so close and to think food is the only way of coping. my heart grieves for your loss. but we can do this. we'll all make it through together. :smile:
  • taanvi
    taanvi Posts: 33
    Options
    im sry for your loss.....yes i would like o join the challenge .......i also need to be really sincere till december......