Hunting for sports bras with lousy support -- seriously.

Options
HeidiCooksSupper
HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
edited July 2017 in Fitness and Exercise
My elderly mother needs bras that don't bind at all. She needs them more on principle than for support. I thought, where better to find a group of people to recommend sports bras that don't work very well -- wimpy sports bras, if you will, that you actually find not very useful for providing support?

I have easy access to online shopping and the following big-box stores: Walmart, Target. I always prefer online shopping.

Any suggestions you all have would be greatly appreciated. She needs bras that basically have no structure, no fasteners, no strong bands of elastic, etc.

I, her hippy, let-em-hang daughter has strongly suggested going bra-less to no avail.

Thank you all!

Replies

• Lesley2603
    Lesley2603 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Try simplybe.co.uk. I've had similar bras in the past.
  • scorpio516
    scorpio516 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Champion makes some just for show.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    I know that both Wal-Mart and Victoria Secret have unstructured, soft, pull-over sports bras. I haven't purchased the Wal-Mart ones but I have a few of these soft ones from VS and I buy them a size bigger so that they're easy to get off and on and the band isn't tight. These I just wear around the house for comfort. Just a suggestion.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Any in the "space dye" arena should probably fit the bill. They're that seamless super soft lycra impersonating stuff.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Has she considered a chemise or shirt with extra padding/light support, I know for some older women that's the solution they go to.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Depending on her shoulder mobility, she might prefer a front-close version as well.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Fruit of the loom pull over bras(come in a 3-pk) the "santoni" variety are a stretchy nylon material that is very soft and comfortable. Hanes cozy or bandini bras. I buy mine at Walmart. Not sure what size you are looking for, but I also found jockey big girls bras on Amazon. I have no need for a supportive bra, so I also go for soft and comfortable.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna second the Fruit of the Loom 3-packs from Walmart. That's what I used to wear for my active job when I had tiny boobs. Also look for support tanks and camis, with the built in bralette. They give good coverage without much support. If she wants something pretty Victoria's Secret is doing lacy bralettes now that look like they have no support whatsoever.
  • susanp57
    susanp57 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Do you live near a K-Mart? They carry some flimsier ones, or at least used to.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I have some like you are looking for :D I wear them around the house. They support but they aren't tight or binding or anything like that. Fruit of the Loom basic thin, soft pullover sport bra that I got at Walmart. They sell them in 3-4 packs hanging together on a hanger.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    You guys have been very helpful, thanx. I can now send some pictures for my sister to download and show to her to pick out the right ones.

(Mom's 980 miles away so my sister is her frequent visitor and I am her "personal shopper." Works for us. LOL)
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Target's champion brand makes a line of seamless sports bras that have a loose band, and very little support. https://www.target.com/p/women-s-seamless-tie-dye-strappy-cami-sports-bra-c9-champion-174/-/A-51526838#lnk=sametab

https://www.target.com/p/women-s-seamless-adjustable-cami-sports-bra-c9-champion-174/-/A-50889288?lnk=rec|adaptpdph1|related_prods_vv|adaptpdph1|50889288|1

• hist_doc
    hist_doc Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    what about seamless no-wire nursing bras used to sleep in?
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    My elderly mother needs bras that don't bind at all. She needs them more on principle than for support. I thought, where better to find a group of people to recommend sports bras that don't work very well -- wimpy sports bras, if you will, that you actually find not very useful for providing support?

I have easy access to online shopping and the following big-box stores: Walmart, Target. I always prefer online shopping.

Any suggestions you all have would be greatly appreciated. She needs bras that basically have no structure, no fasteners, no strong bands of elastic, etc.

I, her hippy, let-em-hang daughter has strongly suggested going bra-less to no avail.

Thank you all!

That's pretty much all bras except sports bras isn't it?
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    any of the cheaper walmart ones should be good.