Loose skin.

Options
I was heavy for most of my life. I lost 140 lbs and my belly has so much extra skin. I'm saving up for the goal of having plastic surgery next year to remove it but in the meantime, it's so crappy. No matter how much weight I've lost, the belly really makes me feel like I'm still over 300lbs. My body looks like a smaller version of fat me but that's not how I feel. It also makes all of my bottoms at least two sizes larger than they should be so on top I'm a size small and on the bottom I'm currently a size 10. I look in the mirror and always see someone bigger than everyone says I actually am. Most of the time I still see 310lb me. Does anyone else feel like this?

Replies

• brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Yes. I know what sizes I can wear now versus before but I can especially relate to the belly issue. I have a giant floppy gut and no real idea of what I look like underneath all the loose skin. I wear compression garments every day (x 2 actually). HW was 387, I'm in the mid 150's now.
  • kimmykim92
    kimmykim92 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    When I lost 100+ lbs years ago I had the exact same problem. I was very skinny with extra skin and still thought I was huge. In retrospect I wasn't but I couldn't help but feel if I just lost a little more weight I would look better or the extra skin would go away or I would finally see myself as skinny and be happy with what I looked like. I actually went to the doctor and asked about skin removal surgery and had to take my clothes off so she could see and I just broke down crying. Thinking back now I probably needed some sort of therapy for how I saw myself because I think a lot of this journey is mental as well as physical. Especially since you are saving up for procedure next year, it might help to talk to someone in the meantime until you get the surgery. I am sure a therapist would have some strategies to help with what you are experiencing.