Any friends out there with mental and chronic illness?

Options
KyoJane
KyoJane Posts: 26 Member
I suffer badly from chronic illness which is very painful but even worse with mental illness I won't annoy you with the details but I'd love to add friends trying to get fit who also have these roadblocks. Please do add me not just if you are a fellow ci/mi I'd love to have lots of friends to chat to. Much love!

Replies

• Out_of_Bubblegum
    Out_of_Bubblegum Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    I can't say that I share any illnesses - just wanted to wish you good luck on your journey.
  • KyoJane
    KyoJane Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    bwmalone wrote: »
    I can't say that I share any illnesses - just wanted to wish you good luck on your journey.
    Aww that's really nice :) thankyou so much and you to!!!
  • angel5392
    angel5392 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi I suffer with mental illness I'll send you a request :)
  • sadoughe
    sadoughe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey! I suffer from a bunch of chronic illnesses, and depression and anxiety. All of which have made it so hard to lose weight or maintain a steady weight. I'll add you!!
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Try Yoga and Meditation!! I wish you All the best for your good health!! Feel free to add me.
  • CrazyComicLady
    CrazyComicLady Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I suffer from tarsal coalitions(partly fused ankles), ehler Danlos syndrome and chronic pain, weight loss has always been a struggle for me, I'm a major comfort eater. Everyone's welcome to add me :)
    29 years old, 5'4, from the UK, trying to lose another 25-34 pounds.
  • getmeowthofhere
    getmeowthofhere Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I suffer from both chronic and mental illness. Feel free to add me (:
  • Freischuetz
    Freischuetz Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    i sufferd for almost 6 years now with chronical illness, mental ones came later.

by last year i could solve chronical sucessfully and by april this year, i figured out how to delete mental ones.

its no hidden secret or a kind of woo-doo, but for sure i will not discuss this here in public. feel free to add me, and if you feel better to talk about it in a closed group, just open one
  • Celiac96
    Celiac96 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I think my username gives it away. I've had Celiac disease for over three years now, longer than I've been using MFP. I don't have any friends on here, but I'd love some if anyone wants to send me a request! (I don't know how to do that lol)
  • Presleykay22
    Presleykay22 Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    I suffer from a mental illness as well
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Me: crohn's with an ileostomy, bipolar 2 (ultra rapid cycling and mixed episodes), GAD, and mostly recovered anorexia binge/purge
  • contactingrusty
    contactingrusty Posts: 2 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I struggle greatly with bi-polar depression ... you are not alone !! Much love to all of you and best wishes on your challenges.
  • Choward33
    Choward33 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I too suffer with mental and physical issues. Feel free to add me. I would love to see how other people with similar issues are coming along on thier journey.
  • methridg2
    methridg2 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey there!

I too suffer from chronic pain due to endometriosis and herniated disks. Add to that my depression and social anxiety and you have someone who is just a big old mess. LOL

I have lost 20lbs in the last 3 months and looking to lose about 35-40 more. Would love to have folks to encourage and get motivation from! Especially those that understand the struggle!

• jasummers76
    jasummers76 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I too suffer from bipolar 2 and social anxiety. I can relate to the challenges that medications can play with your weight. How depression can make you stay in bed for days and over eat. Then you feel worse and the cycle returns. The anxiety can prevent you from going for walks or any outdoor activities that will burn some calories. I am new here but my journey has been long, I am down around 70 pounds.. I have no idea how to friend request but feel free to send me one. I would also like to comment on the poster who to me made mental illness seem as though all of them can be handled with meditation and so forth. While I know people it has helped diagnosed mental disorders are genetic at times or a chemical in balance. Those can not just be thought away. Trust me I tried.. I hated to be known for having a illness due to the stigmas you can encounter with some people. I no longer let my illness's define or label me. I do not offer up to people out of the blue my issues. But if I gear or someone asks I am no longer afraid to explain how I have come to accept myself and my flaws.
  • RunningJustIncase
    RunningJustIncase Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi I have bipolar, borderline and panic. I completely understand where you're coming from. I'll send you a request!
  • ari2013102
    ari2013102 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am bipolar (I) and I also suffer from an ED since my early teen years. It makes it difficult to follow through with dieting for example but I think it's great to meet others with similar problems to help stay focused towards goals! I will add you :smiley:
  • yvnursechick
    yvnursechick Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have a chronic painful illness too. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Morningstar25
    Morningstar25 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I suffer with OCD and fixations and a battle within my own mind from other issues
  • Beitriis
    Beitriis Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have severe PTSD, borderline personality disorder and a severe anxiety and panic disorder agoraphobia. I also have a lot of ocd traits but haven't been diagnosed with it.

I started at 226lbs and got down to 180 but now unfortunately I've let everything get the better of me and gained back up to 200 and trying now to start again on losing. I wish everyone a lot of success and I hope we all find our goals. <3