Itrackbites...

I prefer counting points but can't afford it anymore. What do people think of this App that have used it?

Replies

• passionately_kate
    passionately_kate Posts: 99 Member
    It's free and it's great - you just have to be consistent with logging.

It costs like $8. But looks cool. Just wanted to make sure first. I'm cancelling my weight watchers
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Why not use MFP?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    It's free and it's great - you just have to be consistent with logging.

It costs like $8. But looks cool. Just wanted to make sure first. I'm cancelling my weight watchers

I thought you were asking what people thought of MFP lol

Me too till i saw this! :laugh:
  • OliveGirl128
    OliveGirl128 Posts: 801 Member
    MFP has a great app and it's free.
  • girlgeeklula
    girlgeeklula Posts: 85 Member
    I've tried several different calorie tracking apps over the years (never itrackbites), and I have always come back to MFP. The database, even with its errors is still one of the best out there. The ease of use is great and I can quickly enter things, even on busy days (I've gotten to work with 2-5 minutes to spare and been able to log everything in before clocking in). It has some of the best connectivity with various apps and wearables. And the community is overall friendly, informative, and honest.

And most of all, I've been successful with losing weight via MFP in the past.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    So you want to follow weight watchers without paying weight watchers?

Ummm use the knowledge you should have gained now from reading all thier stuff or buy the books/magazines?
  • OliveGirl128
    OliveGirl128 Posts: 801 Member
    edited July 2017
    So you want to follow weight watchers without paying weight watchers?

Ummm use the knowledge you should have gained now from reading all thier stuff or buy the books/magazines?

There's actually a way to modify the MFP tracking area to track points, or at least there used to be. Otherwise there's loads of free WW stuff online where you can do the older programs for free (online 'bootleg' calculators and such). But yeah, WW isn't very good about giving you the actual knowledge about how CICO works-which is a great business model really. People won't keep paying if they realize that they can just do this whole thing on their own, for free. I bet they just 'love' MFP ;)
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    edited July 2017
    It is supereasy to use this website! I just cooked a huge pot of curry. For the sauce and spices I had to rely on the information on the glass, but I just have to assume it's half accurate. I did weight the full glass before and the empty one afterwards to be as sure as I can.

Log 200 grams of paneer that I wanted to use. Notice it goes way above my calorie allowance. Put back into fridge and get chicken.

put bottle of oil on scale, switch on, pour oil into pan, put oil on scale to see the difference. Log oil
    Peel big onions, put on scale, cut into pieces, put into pot and cook. Log onions in the meantime.
    Chicken is a leftover and has been weighted already before freezing, cut, throw into pot, log
    Put tomatoes on scale, cut into pieces, throw into pot
    Fly spices from readymade sauce along
    Add sauce
    weigh cauliflour, broccoli and carrots, throw into pot and log in the meantime.
    cook until ready and safe recipe as meal in the meantime and delete from diary.

My cooking pots are from ikea and they list the weight of them. Put pot on scale: roughly 1000gr. food for the whole recipe. Quickly log 1/3 of recipe and 80gr of raw (then cooked) rice. eat. Whole logging took 3 minutes max.
  • camilledaisy
    camilledaisy Posts: 33 Member
    HI, I have itrack bites and I thinks it's a pretty good app for counting points. There is a pretty great community who help each other with the various point programs. There are also a few drawbacks such as not being able to link fitness trackers to it ( yet ) and it also does not count macros, which is why some people double track here. I personally find tracking points a little easier and less stressful but have to admit mfp's data base is pretty diverse! I should also tell you that there are some added costs to get the recipe builder and some of the additional food guides.
  • msmacok
    msmacok Posts: 7 Member
    I have only been on this site for 6 days but I like it very much! I did pay to have the advertising removed and that has made it even more enjoyable to use.