Need support/advice for body image struggles after weight loss

Options
Hi ladies. Feel free to glance over my profile and add me as a friend.

After losing roughly 30 pounds, I still cannot seem to accept how I look at my new healthy weight that I've been maintaining for over a year. I always think I need to lose more weight. Does anyone else have this problem? Anyone have any advice/success stories about body image?

135846316.png

Replies

• ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I am not lady, but I think that at some point most people that lose weight face that dilema. I lost over 30 lbs., and I still think that I need to lose more weight. I know that this may sound cliche, but the only advice that I have is that you need to learn to love yourself the way you are. Nothing wrong with wanted to lose more weight because that may keep yourself in line and motivated, but just don't let that become an unhealthy obsession. The most beautiful thing has to be the journey and not the destination.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    why let a number on a scale measure your success? Measure your success by a fitness goals, an article of clothing that fits. A number doesn't mean you succeed
  • MiniMatcha
    MiniMatcha Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am currently experiencing this too and I can relate. About last year I lost about 10lbs and maintained a healthy weight but these past few months I lost more and reached my desired goal weight. I'm still not satisfied with how I look and I can't see the difference even though my clothes say it all. It's been almost toxic to me.
    But lately I've been trying to stay more positive and giving myself the self care and love that I need regardless of how I look. I realized that I'm still me no matter what shape and form, and the personal qualities that make me up as person is what ultimately shapes me and my beauty. I'm still struggling with this too so I know the feeling.. If you feel like being more active will help you feel better, you should do what is best, but don't forget how far you came and your beauty as who you are! If you look at the bright side, think about how the older you would feel if she saw yourself today, and how proud and accomplished she'll feel to see you now! :smiley:
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I was dealing with that for a while. I had the "I'm the fat girl" mentality until two things happened. 1. saw myself in a picture 2. went shopping and was told by the clerk that I need a smaller size than what I tried on and she led me to the juniors sizes and picked out a pair of non-stretchy jeans for me. I'm 40, I haven't worn anything from juniors in more than 2 decades, let alone anything that didn't have spandex.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!