I'm just starting out, but NOT seeing ANY RESULTS!! I'm getting sooo discouraged!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Ejuerleigh
    Ejuerleigh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Is your body physically changing in any way? The scale isn't alway the best way to track...
  • imwichya1
    imwichya1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You need to have Patience!! It is so hard in this day and age!! I've been using MFP for 90 days now. I had a couple of weeks at the beginning that I showed no weight loss. I was freaking out. Reduced calories and exercise and not showing anything on the scale. That was unacceptable to me. I posted some questions regarding why. Everyone was so helpful in their responses. I stuck with it. Low and behold I've had more consistent results 2-3 lbs per week. So as long as your tracking all intake properly, you'll start seeing results.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    One other issue is you may be overestimating the calories you are burning while hiking. Perhaps try eating back half your exercise calories rather than all of them.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    This is a life long endeavor. Keep at it! Enjoy the process!
  • JaxxieKat
    JaxxieKat Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    1. Are you weighing everything you eat in grams using a digital kitchen scale and logging in your diary accurately?
    2. Are you using a heart rate monitor to accurately track calories burned during workouts?
    3. Are you consistently weighing yourself under the same conditions?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,773 Member
    Options
    Your calorie intake is way too low. Your body will go into starvation mode and will try to store not use calories

No. If this were how our bodies worked, no one would ever starve to death. Sadly, many people worldwide starve to death every day.

Yes, weight loss can slow down somewhat at severely reduced calories (adaptive thermogenesis), because of effects like feeling fatigued so being less active in daily life. That's slower than anticipated loss, not no loss.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Your calorie intake is way too low. Your body will go into starvation mode and will try to store not use calories

lol no.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    No.
    If this was truly the case, how do people die from starvation?
  • owilliams75
    owilliams75 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Calories in v calories out. Just that simple. Log EVERYTHING. Be as precise as possible. Give it time. 3 weeks is nothing
  • bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options

OP never gave us any info about intake, height or weight so this is absolutely not helpful advice here.

I personally cut way back on sugar and carbs myself OP but only because that helps me with satiety. As far as weight loss, it really does come down to accuracy in your logging.
  • Arzoe17
    Arzoe17 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Do not be discouraged!!!!
    Scales only reflect one side of the story!
    Your body needs to adjust to this new routine, its still in shock mode! Patience is the biggest factor when losing weight! As long as you feel good, keep doing what your doing study more about your body and transformation. Understanding how body works will encourage. The more you know about how body works the patient and more encouraged you will be to achieve your goal. Good luck