Having me eat below my bmr

Options
So today I went back to using the mfp app as a more convenient way to track my calories. I dropped 13lbs within the hiatus of not tracking with the app. My bmr as of now is about 1600 calories. MFP wants me to lower my intake from 1650 calories, to 1460 calories. I'm confused at the moment because I was always told not to eat below my bmr. Any tips?

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    If you chose sedentary as your activity level, 1 lb a week weight loss goal will automatically put you below BMR.

You can either lower your weight loss goal. Or add exercise. MFP assumes you will be exercising, logging that exercise and eating those calories.
  • Angel4ever44
    Angel4ever44 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm set at sedentary and log the exercises in addition to my food. Then eat back the calories.
  • Angel4ever44
    Angel4ever44 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Ah I see what you're saying. So instead of a lb a week, I should set it to 1/2 a lb?
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I'm set at sedentary and log the exercises in addition to my food. Then eat back the calories.

Then that should put you over BMR on the days you exercise. Its ok to eat less occasionally, I just wouldn't eat below BMR daily.