12:00 and 100 calories left.

Options
2»

Replies

• his_kid1
    his_kid1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I think that 300 calories actually gives you a number of options for the day. Vegetable soup and a salad with chicken would be filling and definitely not starving. You will just have to pay attention
  • snowboardandasuitcase
    snowboardandasuitcase Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Eat.

Average it out over the coming week. Do a bit more exercise tmw if you can or cut out a few cals over the next few days and you'll be fine.

:)
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    You're not going to die if you go over your cals on occasion, I wouldn't even sweat it. I had a state holiday on Wednesday, and my family took some time off and we spent a lot of the week together. Between BBQ's moms cookies, and a couple of meals at restaurants, I was over my cals a couple times, and high on sodium several, not to mention my gym being closed one day, and out of reach a couple others. The end result? I'm still down nearly a pound for the week.

Carry on as normal, log your cals, and don't get discouraged by the red numbers, you'll be fine.

Rigger
  • Vorenus85
    Vorenus85 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Consider that attempting to starve yourself will probably lead to a binge. Just eat as you would and consider this an off day. Start fresh tomorrow.

its not starving yourself though... she already had her calories just early in the day. The human body is designed to go long periods of time without food.. half a day is by no means starving yourself lol

While you make a good point, I think something like this can also be influenced by individual eating habits and hunger patterns. If I ate all my calories in pop tarts by lunchtime, I would definitely be starving myself if I'm not about to sleep for 10-12 more hours. And this wouldn't be a normal "diet" hunger, I'd be ready to chew off someones arm to get more food.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    How have you been this whole week? focus on averaging out the week and know that MFP's #s put you at a deficit so going over 100-300 for one day isn't going to hurt you.