I cannot stay full!!

Options
2»

Replies

• ccbarr
    ccbarr Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    FIBER! I saw nothing with fiber in your post. Also drink enough water.I drink 8 -8oz glasses(or4 16 oz bottles)of water. I dont snack when I do this. As for fiber-beans,vegies,crusiferous vegies. Plain mini-wheat like cereal
  • GlassAngyl
    GlassAngyl Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Eat more fat. Less carbs.
  • Breeli0519
    Breeli0519 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    RavenLibra wrote: »
    See a doctor

This.
  • emilyyoung4506721
    emilyyoung4506721 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    What is your height and weight and how many calories are you eating each day?
    im 112 an im 5 4 i eat between 1800-2300 calls per Day depending on my workout schedule.
  • sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    "Full"? What is this "full" feeling of which you speak?

Ravenous AF < Still hungry but I know I'll be okay for a couple of hours < Not full < Full < Halp! bursting, can't move

The first one is the only one I'd worry about. Defined by dizziness, lightheadedness, limb weakness, shakes. "Still hungry" and "not full" are standard states (in my case accompanied by abdominal hunger "pangs" that go away on their own in 20 minutes) at least occasionally if you're running a calorie deficit.

I used to weigh >300 lbs and back then I ate around your calorie levels (I still do at 170 lbs and active, maintaining fairly successfully). If you weigh 112 lbs at 5' 4" then I wouldn't worry about annoying but moderate hunger pangs at 1800 cals / day ... providing that you're measuring your portions for real and not eyeballing. If you're measuring w/ your eyeballs maybe take a reality check on that.

Also, maybe re-consider your feeding schedule. Small meals every 2 hours might work for some people, but that really doesn't work for everyone. Hunger is very subjective. Personally, I can work out fasted, but then I need a really big breakfast or I'll feel gross all day. But after that I can fast for 10 hours if necessary. Generally I myself do best with a big late breakfast, a pretty tiny lunch, a moderate dinner, and a substantial after dinner treat meal of fruit and yogurt and cocoa and maybe a cookie. Your needs may be different, but don't get brainwashed into thinking that "small meals every 2 hours" is the ONLY way to go. Your needs are your needs.

Do worry about weakness, the shakes, dizziness. That shizz is more serious. Hunger "pangs" are often just stomach acid going "Isn't there supposed to be food in here? I got work to do."
  • manthytee
    manthytee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This happened to me when I started a vegan diet, I became underweight. If you're new to the diet then it could be a factor because my fibre intake increased drastically. Solutions: eat more proteins and fat, drink more water (when you wake, every time you eat, and when you feel thirsty - it helps for hunger). Beans and nuts, my favourite bean is chickpea.

I'm new to this forum, so don't shoot me if I'm wrong. I think the best thing to do is see a doctor or a nutritionist to work out what your needs are and to make sure it's nothing serious that's affecting your weight. If you're in college (don't know if you are), and if they have a nutrition program, students sometimes offer free or very affordable meetings, even for non students. You could look into that at colleges in your area.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,667 Member
    Options
    Wait. You're 5'4" 112 pounds, can eat and eat and you're not gaining weight? That's a good problem. But I'm betting your not eating a lot of calories. "Healthy" usually meant higher volume of food with lower calories for many people on the "health" kick.
    Eat foods that are more calorie dense. Like pizza. Sounds dumb, but if you're trying to GAIN weight, excess calories is what you need.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png