I've lost 40 pounds since early April

Options
JesseDP00
JesseDP00 Posts: 367 Member
I was well over 300 pounds, yeah - I know, I was at my heaviest around 310 (maybe a little more:)), today I'm down to 265. I was eating way too much, it was really unbelievable how big my serving sizes were. I started focusing on food intake and incorporated a simple but consistent routine to follow. I started using an elliptical and free weights around 4-6 times a week. When I started, I could only do about 10 minutes on the elliptical, hahaha, needless to say it's been a long journey.

Replies

• harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    well done!! that's great progress :flowerforyou:
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    well done!
  • kirsty2604
    kirsty2604 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    wow well done!
  • JesseDP00
    Options
    It takes a bunch of micro adjustments along the way - though they start to add up.
  • rswalls
    rswalls Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!
  • kalitah1122
    kalitah1122 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow, good job I'm trying to loose weight too, but can I ask you something? I've struggling with eating more than 700 calories I know is not healthy, but I have hard time finding healthy snacks in between meal! Can you please give me some tips ?!?!
  • JesseDP00
    Options
    Wow, good job I'm trying to loose weight too, but can I ask you something? I've struggling with eating more than 700 calories I know is not healthy, but I have hard time finding healthy snacks in between meal! Can you please give me some tips ?!?!

700 calories is nowhere near enough - I'm eating around 1600-2000 a day and still losing lots of weight. I try to eat a lot of protein for energy, yet mix them with snacks - my favorite is this bar, I heat it in my toaster oven at 350 for about five minutes: http://www.amazon.com/Quest-Nutrition-Protein-Chocolate-Brownie/dp/B0057RWSZQ

I also have been using this site a lot: www.fooducate.com, if it's not rated at least a B, I'm probably not eating, at least not often. Biggest thing is, you have to live - I still eat junk from time to time, ice cream, chips, cookies etc., though not nearly as often and no where near as much as I used to. IMO, you also have to be doing something physical, this morning I went on a 5 mile trail hike/walk/run and tonight I'm going to do about 30 minutes of free weights - you have to move around.

What is your favorite snack, the one that you can't do without?
  • kalitah1122
    Options
    Thanks, I'll looke into the bark and the website. I do move around I've going to the gym and walking around my neighborhood.
    I love cookies, some sort of chips and dips bananas I just want to loose weight the healthy way
  • JesseDP00
    Options
    Thanks, I'll looke into the bark and the website. I do move around I've going to the gym and walking around my neighborhood.
    I love cookies, some sort of chips and dips bananas I just want to loose weight the healthy way

Look for some good substitutes for your junk food - definitely limit your intake on any types of soda or other sugary drinks - water is the best, it's boring, though it works. I try to find alternatives for most of things I craved, the only one I still eat more than I should is Frito Scoops, hahaha. Everything else I have been able to find alternatives for. Biggest thing is consistency and making micro adjustments to your eating and exercise. I also use these two sites a lot for finding healthy things to eat:
    whfoods.com
    vitacost.com

Last thing is, find something you love to do and run with it. I recently realized I enjoy trail walking and now I've been doing it a lot, it's become part of my weekly habit. In closing, you need to eat much more than 700 calories to keep your body functioning optimally, you will not be able to sustain the necessary energy to workout as hard as you want to.
  • kalitah1122
    Options

Look for some good substitutes for your junk food - definitely limit your intake on any types of soda or other sugary drinks - water is the best, it's boring, though it works. I try to find alternatives for most of things I craved, the only one I still eat more than I should is Frito Scoops, hahaha. Everything else I have been able to find alternatives for. Biggest thing is consistency and making micro adjustments to your eating and exercise. I also use these two sites a lot for finding healthy things to eat:
    whfoods.com
    vitacost.com

Last thing is, find something you love to do and run with it. I recently realized I enjoy trail walking and now I've been doing it a lot, it's become part of my weekly habit. In closing, you need to eat much more than 700 calories to keep your body functioning optimally, you will not be able to sustain the necessary energy to workout as hard as you want to.

Thank you very much, you were very helpful:)
  • hollyann31
    hollyann31 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    nice!!! congrats i know you must feel pretty good...keep up the good work
  • saavedra76
    Options
    How did u do it?
  • JesseDP00
    Options
    Substantially changed my eating habits, I was eating 4,000+ calories a day-with ZERO exercise for the past several years, now down to under 1,800 calories a day. Tremendous cardio work involved, to include up to 35 minutes on the elliptical, short sprints (these took a while at my size, LOL), walking, and recently lots of rocky trail hikes about 30 minutes of free weights 4-5 times a week as well. I do cardio 5-6 days a week. Cut down my carbs and useless snacks. Big thing was eating a lot more protein than what I was and less processed sugars and fats. It's not easy, though it can be done. Today, when I finished my shirt was literally soaking wet with sweat . When I first started, I couldn't even do one push up, now I'm doing 4 sets of 15 daily on most days, not great by any stretch - though it all adds up. I rarely use elevators now, always take the stairs anywhere I'm at.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!