Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hungry majority of the time

2»

Replies

• emmam1212
    emmam1212 Posts: 67 Member
    I have the same problem, feeling hungry all of the time, and to curb it I drink mint green tea. It works for me and gives me an hour or so of not feeling hungry or thinking about eating. There have been a few (inconclusive) studies on the scent of peppermint and whether it can act as an appetite suppressant. I truly believe it does with my experience. I drink it daily when I want to snack. Upping protein intake seems to help with overall hunger as well.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    edited July 2017
    Good advice from everyone! My personal tricks include 1) having some very low or zero calorie treats, such as salted radishes, latte with almond milk and cinnamon (15 cal), herbal tea, or roasted seaweed, 2) eating a small portion of something satiating, such as almonds 3) eating a large portion of something high in volume and low in calories, such as green vegetables 4) making sure to drink enough water, eat enough protein, and refuel my body with carbs and protein after working out and 5) eating several times a day - three meals and a snack works best for me.

I also find that consuming a lot of simple carbs makes me hungry. Different people respond differently - I'm a diabetic and so I should be limiting carbs anyway, but it's not unusual for people who aren't diabetic to have cravings caused by blood glucose fluctuations in response to carbs.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,169 Member
    I feel less hungry if I eat some protein and fat. Scrambled eggs with cheese. Chicken. Salmon. Avocados. Almonds. After adding these in with all the other nonsatisfying (to me) foods, my energy evened out and I am not feeling hungry all the time anymore.

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited July 2017
    I feel less hungry if I eat some protein and fat. Scrambled eggs with cheese. Chicken. Salmon. Avocados. Almonds. After adding these in with all the other nonsatisfying (to me) foods, my energy evened out and I am not feeling hungry all the time anymore.

My go to is an omelette of sorts- 2 egg whites 1 full egg and half a can of flaked turkey lately...The mix of fat and protein at low carb is amazing for appetite suppression, Sadly i cant eat that right now as im actually struggling to eat enough right now and thats only 225 calories xD friggin yummy to
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    JaydedMiss wrote: »

My go to is an omelette of sorts- 2 egg whites 1 full egg and half a can of flaked turkey lately...

You used to make it with salmon, didn't you? ;) Lol... that thread is forever going to be etched in my mind!
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    try2again wrote: »
    JaydedMiss wrote: »

My go to is an omelette of sorts- 2 egg whites 1 full egg and half a can of flaked turkey lately...

You used to make it with salmon, didn't you? ;) Lol... that thread is forever going to be etched in my mind!

@try2again yes :'( i miss my salmon :( Cant bring self to eat it anymore!!
  • trish55011
    trish55011 Posts: 139 Member
    The best suggestion I can make is to eat as much "live" food as you can, every time you feel hungry. Celery sticks, carrot sticks, avocado, salad etc... When I began training my body to get out of famine mode, for the first week I ate every two hours. Not a simple snack, but a salad, with tomatoes, mandarin orange slices, raw walnuts, 3-4 cups of salad mix, chicken strips, and grated cheese. I know it sounds nuts, but for that first week, I felt like my stomach was going to eat a hole through my back bone. Then, the second week, I ate three meals per day. Salads. For breakfast, I would have a salad with nuts and fruit on top. Lunch and dinner would be a salad with either chicken or steak strips. If I just had to have a snack, I would munch on some sugar snap peas dipped in taco sauce. I did not count calories, carbs, fat or protein. I lost 120lbs. The first 76 came off without any exercise other than light walking. I have only gained 10 lbs back over the last 5 years but my diabetes is completely out of control. Now I am starting my journey again, but I am incorporating the Ketogenic way of life. Would love to talk with you more. :D