Does paying for premium help you loose more?

Options
I have the free app and love it but it says go premium to loose more, what's your thoughts?

Replies

• Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    how much you lose will come down to your calorie deficit - now how much you pay for an app....if you think paying will help you hit that deficit better, go for it...but it is certainly not necessary!
  • bonnieevans6060
    bonnieevans6060 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Help! What are the advantages to the premium app besides no ads? What can you do with it that you can't do with the free app?
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Nah. I didn't use most of the perks, but I did like having no ads
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    Help! What are the advantages to the premium app besides no ads? What can you do with it that you can't do with the free app?

You can set custom goals for different days and set goals by meal. I use these features extensively. There are some additional options for tracking macros but I don't pay attention to those because I don't really care about macros. You can download your data in a CSV file, which I've found handy but I imagine others wouldn't.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    absolutely not.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Only if the specific features Premium offers assist you in meeting your goals. For me, they would not.
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    If it motivates you to use it more, then it is worth it, but it is not the app that is doing the work, its you.

In the end, it's all about the effort you put it. Not where you record it.
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options

You can export spreadsheets of your progress. You can find which nasty food item had that gram of trans fat.

If you could use the feature to track Omega-3 and Omega-6 ratios from total food intake, I'd pay. Until then, I'll see ads.

Ooooh I didn't think of that.
    MFP---we need omega tracking!! I want to see this too!
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    What features does premium offer that will help you meet a specific need you have now that the free version isn't meeting? Do you need fancy macro tracking options? Do you have a reason to have different goals/day (and can justify the expense to have that show in your app)? Do you do any statistical analysis of your data and need the ablity to export data? If none of those apply; then premium really isnt going to help you lose anything but wallet weight any faster. Unless you're super-susceptible to ads and go purchasing Depends every time they show up as an ad on your newsfeed (unless you need them).
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    The only thing I've found I liked and would miss is being able to set separate calorie goals for each meal of the day. The other stuff, it's alright, but I lost all my weight without it.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    The main thing I like about premium is that you can customize your calorie goal for each day of the week. Not getting ads was nice, too.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,476 Member
    Options
    I would like to set a custom maintenance calorie goal as mine is about 200kcal higher than what MFP calculates for me. But I can live with that. I certainly don't pay £40 per year for that.