weight loss rehoneymoon phase?

Options
JaydedMiss
JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
edited July 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
No real need to read this but its a semi story/question i guess im just curious lol

So i lost 105 pounds healthily using IIFYM everythings good but then i decided to sort of do maintenance for a few months followed by a few weeks of "bad eating". I walked 15-30k steps a day didnt count my calories in my bad food very well if at all, Aslong as i wasnt gaining i was happy. And i wasnt. I had a birthday mini binge where i ate whatever i wanted for 3-4 days (i had saved up alot of calories and remained very active through the days) and told myself at the end of those days id go back to eating well. And i have. Im back to the weight i started my week at (I gained from 130 to138 from water weight lol it was delicious)

My question comes into play that for the past 5 days iv had to literally force myself to eat. Its sort of like im one of those new dieters saying "im not hungry i cant eat over 900 calories!" or whatever. Is my body back in diet honeymoon phase ? because i dont want to lose more weight lol iv been drinking peanutbutter shakes just to try and keep my calories up. My energy is through the roof to, Like i cant sit down. I walk and burn ALOT of calories my maintenance is 2500-3000 range. Struggling to even get 1000 without drinking my calories. Even drinking them i can only get up to about 1500.

Im sure it will pass and im not exactly worried, But maybe i should stop walking so much in the meantime? Its hard with so much energy. Even "junk" food i love sounds awful right now? Diet honeymoon phase is super weird i never expected to be back here lol. Anyone else have this/ know what the deal is?

Hopefully it passes quickly -.-

Replies

• Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    I am not a doctor and by no means I suggest you have this, but it reminded me a bit of myself a long time ago when I used to have some euphoria phases (due to mild form of, in fact undiagnosed, bipolar disorder).
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Has anything else changed? New meds, stress?
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Has anything else changed? New meds, stress?

nothings changed besides going from 50% "good/bad" foods for the few weeks back to my normal 90-95 good im not stressed and im fully open to eating the "junky foods" they just dont appeal to me right now nothing does lol

Its so weird iv eaten 6-7 small meals a day for the past year and suddenly just not hungry anymore, But im not trying to lose weight
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I say enjoy it while it lasts.
  • timtam163
    timtam163 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Enjoy it if it feels good, but if your diet is drastically suppressed for a while definitely see your doctor.
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I've noticed if I eat more than usual either a) I want to continue to eat more than usual or b) my appetite is gone for the next few days.

I'm still losing, but occasionally I have the odd day I eat at maintenance or go over goal. Recently, there was a work function where I ate an estimated 3000 or so calories. Had no appetite what so ever the next day. Didn't want anything to eat. Forced myself to eat some light meals, but if it'd been up to me I wouldn't have eaten at all.

Last week TOM was here and I ate more than usual as a result and today I've had no appetite what so ever. I suspect I'll be back to normal in a few days, but it is a phenomenon I've noticed from the occasional high calorie day/days.