Losing weight for another person?

Options
No, not losing for a man... a baby!

I started my journey a few months ago because I'd like to lose all my excess weight before I have a child. My boyfriend and I are planning to start trying in a year, so we decided to lose weight to start this new portion of our life off right.

Anyone else trying to lose weight before you're "expecting"?

I've got about 90 lbs to lose until my goal, and would love any friends that are losing for this reason, or if you just have about that much to lose too!

Replies

• candjmunoz
    candjmunoz Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have 127 pounds to lose total (and have recently lost 29, so 98 more to go!). I have been overweight since before I had kids, so I know what you're after! I just want to encourage you to go for it. It's so easy to find excuses not to commit once you have kids. And trying to reverse the bad habits we have taught them is hard. So go for it now and build healthy habits along the way. You will never regret it!
  • NatalieRae5852
    NatalieRae5852 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have 4 kids already and the last two were back to back and blew my weight out of the water. I am losing weight before I have my next one. I'm fearful of the complications being older now and then overweight from gestational diabetes and the preeclampsia hypertension etc. Your future baby will benefit from your healthy body. And forming healthy habits to raise your kids with so they don't have a weight struggle is so awesome. Good luck to you. I have 55lbs to lose only have lost 10 so far....45 to go