Meal Replacement shakes

Options
mhwitt74
mhwitt74 Posts: 159 Member
Can you guys recommend some good quality shakes that taste good please. I have been looking and so many choices I can't decide.

Replies

• kelseymallen
    kelseymallen Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I really like the Vega All-In-One powder in Mixed Berry. I'm not vegan but I am pregnant and pretty much off leafy green things at the moment so this powder helps me fit those in. I like to mix it with vanilla almond/soy milk. It's pretty tasty.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I would recommend you buy in a store instead of online. That way, if you don't like it, you can return it. Online you might also get brands that are not well known. Stores often have single protein bars of the powder you can try and see if you can stomach the protein taste (some people cant).
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    There are protein supplements, and then there meal replacements. If you are just replacing 1 meal or supplementing protein, the above options are fine. If you are looking for a couple meals or a (fairly) substantial percentage of your daily calories look for protein, fat, fiber and micronutrients as well.
  • elizabethmcopeland
    elizabethmcopeland Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    What are your goals for these shakes, do you have any nutritional requirements (vegan, milk allergy, etc)?
  • Anrok
    Anrok Posts: 13 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I drink the vanilla and chocolate FitPro Go shakes for breakfasts some mornings, they're delicious.
  • mattiefras
    mattiefras Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love the juice plus complete chocolate shake mix. Tasty good, 13g of protein, but add a few more grams when mixed with almond breeze. It has stevia in it, so if you are allergic to ragweed stay away from this one.
  • L0Lnikki
    L0Lnikki Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy Vega powders with almond milk! Get your servings of greens & goodness with them too!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    No - I can only recommend food. Why do you want to replace meals?
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I like Equate and Muscle milk OK. Slim Fast is tastiest. I HATE Vega, but so far anything with pea protein has been nasty to me. I'm cheap, so I won't do any of the over $25 ones. And I tend to grab random ones and try them until they are either gone, or I can't stand them, lol.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    No - I can only recommend food. Why do you want to replace meals?

Sometimes it's a quick convenient way to grab a small meal. Sure I COULD grab a couple hardboiled eggs, and a handfull if nuts, but there are days when vitamin enhanced chocolate milk is just better. Personally, they are great for me when I am running late to work, or having a bad tummy day.
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Huel
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I would recommend you buy in a store instead of online. That way, if you don't like it, you can return it. Online you might also get brands that are not well known. Stores often have single protein bars of the powder you can try and see if you can stomach the protein taste (some people cant).

I don't know any where that allows you to return it just because you don''t like it.

Which stores have this policy?

It might be worth buying from them as the amount of tubs I give away because I didn't like the taste.
  • lmblanc
    lmblanc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I buy my protein from an online shopping club where I get 30% off and they are all delicious. there are 10g-30g depending on what you are looking for and they have a 100% money back guarantee if you don't like it. Luckily I've liked it all so I haven't returned anything, but I did have something break in the box and make a mess and they replaced it with no questions asked. So it's a win win!
  • hilary99
    hilary99 Posts: 4 Member
    Options

I don't know any where that allows you to return it just because you don''t like it.

Which stores have this policy?

It might be worth buying from them as the amount of tubs I give away because I didn't like the taste.

Costco has this return policy.