Overeating

Options
idk319
idk319 Posts: 33 Member
If I overeat my calorie goal can I count those foods on the next days diary?

Replies

• seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    Many MFP users look at their weekly calories rather than concentrating on being spot-on each day.
  • idk319
    idk319 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Lately I have been overeating everyday and counting the foods on the next day, but eating past my calorie goal on that day too
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    idk319 wrote: »
    Lately I have been overeating everyday and counting the foods on the next day, but eating past my calorie goal on that day too

Well you have to stop that if you want to lose weight.

But do you need to lose weight? Are you overweight?
    Have you set your calorie goal properly? What's your height and weight, and what rate of loss did you pick?
    Are you eating well? Fruit, vegs, protein and fat? Variety? Food you like?
    Do you get enough sleep and rest?
    Do you exercise moderately?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I work to a weekly goal rather than a daily, but from what you've said you're just tricking yourself by thinking "I'll fix it tomorrow" but tomorrow never comes. In answer to your question - sure. Will it work for weight loss? Eh, probably not.
  • LizbethHeller
    LizbethHeller Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't. Pushing it to the next day just gives you less that you can eat then and so you'd be likely to go over again and start a cycle. Take the one overeating day as a 'cheat' day and then try to get back on track. (Working to a weekly goal is fine too, and may even be better, but I don't think that the counter here is set up that way, so it would make tracking more difficult.)
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I have been known to take the number of calories I've gone over and put them as quick calories the next day. The important thing for me is to get rid of them within a couple days. If I found myself carrying over every day and that amount getting bigger, I'd really have to think about whether I need to change my daily goal or my behavior.