Time to share - 104 pounds gone

Options

Replies

• Out_of_Bubblegum
    Out_of_Bubblegum Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    You've done so well! You look great! Thank you so much for sharing.
  • pamela651
    pamela651 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!!!
  • dfeyes3
    dfeyes3 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! So good to hear- I start to think it's impossible! Any tips on logging or getting your steps in? I just found out this morning (by weighing food instead of measuring) that my portion of natural PB - my favorite- is 2x what I thought I was consuming (2 tablespoons). That could explain a lot:(
  • socaldogmom
    socaldogmom Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Thanks for sharing!
  • Nykkismommy21
    Nykkismommy21 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Wow! Truly inspiring. You look great!! Congratulations.
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Great job! Congratulations!
  • Ladywindchaser
    Ladywindchaser Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    When I see someone like yourself, a beautiful 60-year old accomplish this goal it truly is inspiring. You look simply amazing. Very happy for you.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    So great to see your pics! Thanks for posting!!
  • vilaura
    vilaura Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic, great job!
  • kingleahnidas
    kingleahnidas Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful! Also I love your hat :)
  • bigjonb4116
    bigjonb4116 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    well done -you look Fab. :)
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration.... Very true, start small. Thank you for sharing
  • CoastGuardBill
    CoastGuardBill Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    OMG Amazing!!!

• snowyne
    snowyne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Wow! What an amazing change. You look radiant!
  • christinedlg50
    christinedlg50 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Bravo!! Please share more of your story with those of us on the journey. It helps to know where you started, how you managed to succeed, things that helped and how you stayed motivated.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Bravo!! Please share more of your story with those of us on the journey. It helps to know where you started, how you managed to succeed, things that helped and how you stayed motivated.

My all time high was 251 (before pic). At least that's when I stopped getting on the scale, lol. Over my lifetime I had tried all the diets. I paid for weight watchers online for years never losing anything. In desperation I had a lapband installed and lost about 18 lbs then had nothing but trouble with it and had it removed. I just carried on with life for a few years then a couple of years ago I was working with a volunteer group at a jail and realized that I was telling the inmates they had to overcome their addictions and thought what a hypocrite I was. I just decided it was time to get serious. I joined Calorie Count (another online group, now gone) at that point but when I bought my Garmin Vivofit2 I had to come to MFP to sync it. I loved this group, the boards and the support. I have lost slowly over the last 2 years. 70 pounds the first year and about 18 this year. I have 5 pounds to go. My exercise plan is just walking although I want to start lifting for upper body strength.

What motivates me now is that I NEVER want to be that size again. I feel so much better. How I managed to succeed to be honest is lots of prayer. I take it to God when I want to overeat or if I feel I am getting out of control. Going for a walk really helps too because it changes my focus and curbs my appetite. I only walk 8,000 steps on the weekend. During the work week I get over 10,000 usually.

My life has changed dramatically. I have more confidence and am healthier than I have ever been. I'm 60 years old! If I can do it at my age anyone can.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    dfeyes3 wrote: »
    Congratulations!! So good to hear- I start to think it's impossible! Any tips on logging or getting your steps in? I just found out this morning (by weighing food instead of measuring) that my portion of natural PB - my favorite- is 2x what I thought I was consuming (2 tablespoons). That could explain a lot:(

Logging has become routine for me. I am getting older and can often forget what I have eaten so it has become a must to stay on track. I am almost at my goal (5 more pounds) and will continue to log the rest of my life. I have really not given up any of the foods I love. I still use sour cream on occasion although sometimes I find Greek Yogurt works as well but I use peanut butter and barbeque sauce etc. I just budget for them. If something makes the diet liveable and you can control the portion I say just budget your calories for it and enjoy. One thing I have changed is that I try different things I never would have eaten before. I always said "yuk, egg whites, how can anyone eat them" but I ended up in a situation where I had to eat an egg white omelet and was amazed that it was good! Try things. If you don't like it fair enough but you might be surprised. When eating out I always went to the pasta portion of the menu before. Now I try the healthy options and have found some new favorites. Admittedly their calorie estimation is sometimes low so I try to leave a little room for that or I just chalk it up to a higher calorie day but since we eat out rarely now it doesn't affect my loss. Take one day at a time and if you slip don't toss the whole day. In the first months I used to have a "cheat MEAL" about every three weeks or so. I don't anymore because honestly now if I overeat I get a stomach ache but back then it gave me something to look forward to and refreshed my resolve. My 61st birthday is coming and I intend to eat cake etc. and will get right back on track after. It's been almost 2 years so I know I can do it.

As for walking I plan it daily and it isn't optional. Work days honestly are easier as I find sometimes on weekends people drop by and every now and then I don't get my walk which makes me sad. It has become something that I know makes me feel better so I do it gladly. If I can give any advice it would be start small. Don't try to walk an hour a day if you aren't used to it. Start with 10 or 15 minutes. Work up gradually. If you dread it you won't do it.
  • bigjonb4116
    bigjonb4116 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    congratulations, you look fabulous.
  • JinID03
    JinID03 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!