Nutritional yeast vs brewers yeast for KETO

Options
Hey guys, im on keto and have been highly recommend to use nutritional yeast supplements but the problem is that i don't have nutritional yeast in the area where i live in, what i do have available is brewers yeast in pills. Is there any difference? Will it knock me out of ketosis? Will it help?
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Replies

• skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    The question is if that brewers yeast is inactivated. The active one can cause gas and even yeast infection if you are already prone to those. It has more effects on your digestion than nutritional yeast. If you are fine with that, the only other problem could be that active yeast changes your food, but as you are planning to take it as a pill that is not a concern for you.
    I would say try (for the negative side effects), if you feel fine there should not be a difference in respect to ketosis.
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    You can buy it on Amazon.com and have it delivered to your door (if you are a prime member, you can usually get it in 2 days with reduced shipping -- I am addicted to prime.) Alternatively, check out LuckyVitamin.com or Vitacost.com - I like the Bragg Organic Yeast Seasoning-4.5 oz

8nf28yhboatl.jpg