Weigh with or without clothes

Options
It's weighing day today for me and I usually weigh myself with my clothes on. (Usually my pyjamas.) Today I thought I would check what my weight is without. (Only my underwear left on)
It was 2ibs lighter.

So my question is should I log without clothes or with?

Replies

• Polo265
    Polo265 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Without. Every ounce helps. :)
  • Senrak66
    Senrak66 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    i weigh my self full naked every morning.
  • Mary90Mary
    Mary90Mary Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I weigh with clothes because I did it the first time and I don't want to change it so it looks like I lost more than I did+ I eat and drink before weighing for the same reason.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I don't wear anything when weighing myself I want to weigh me, not my clothes
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Butt Naked! (And preferably after a BM). It's the only way to get an accurate weight.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I weigh naked. Clothes are not a part of me.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,157 Member
    Options
    Without! Without anything at all ... just me. Not even earrings.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Mary90Mary wrote: »
    I weigh with clothes because I did it the first time and I don't want to change it so it looks like I lost more than I did+ I eat and drink before weighing for the same reason.

If it works for you that's great but not all clothes are the same weight and neither are food and drinks, so I don't get why someone would do this to themselves. I would assume that fluctuations are much more varied when doing something like this. I can "gain" two pounds after my morning cup of water and coffee.

Anyway, I'm with those who say to weigh naked first thing in the morning after using the bathroom. Weight isn't static, but clothes, food, and drinks can change your weight drastically and it's best to keep consistency.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    A pound here or there isn't a problem... if you weigh in daily... take the average once a week
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    I personally just wear my underwear.
  • Ca7cher
    Ca7cher Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I don't have a scale at home, so I weigh myself every other week at the gym -- I try to wear the same/similar set of workout clothes on my weighing days, and no shoes on the scale.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    I wear my jammies when I weigh in the morning. I'm not hung up on the number on the scale and use a trending app to make sure I'm losing over time so it doesn't really matter as long as it's consistent.
  • Peeps_87
    Peeps_87 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Weigh yourself in the same conditions every time you weigh yourself. I personally weigh myself in the morning, my undies after I use the bathroom on my scale at home.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Same time of day and wearing same clothes or no clothes is what I've always heard you should do. I weigh daily and shouldn't but I only count my weigh in on one day each week.