Overeating before bed

I need advice on how to switch up my nightly routine. I eat way too much while I watch TV right before bed. What can I do to change my nightly habit

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Save calories for the night? Pre plan your snacks?
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,839 Member
    Go to bed earlier. No, seriously. I've found the late night "hunger pangs" were really a sign that I was sleepy. I go to bed. If I really am hungry, I can't go to sleep and I get back up and get the snack. 9 times out of 10, however, I hit the pillow and it's lights out.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    Don't eat while you watch TV, do one or the other.

Sit down and concentrate on your food rather than snack mindlessly. When you have finished your meal stop eating.
  • albin9072
    albin9072 Posts: 26 Member
    I think in night ,don't take more calorie food
  • MilesAddie
    MilesAddie Posts: 166 Member
    I literally save about 400 calories for right before bed. Still losing weight.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Don't put the food in your mouth.

Unless there really is someone holding a gun to your head, then you probably should.
  • Polo265
    Polo265 Posts: 287 Member
    edited August 2017
    Not only can't I sleep if I'm hungry, but sometimes I wake up after a couple of hours of sleep and feel the need to eat. In the past I would scour the kitchen and cupboards for a snack. Most often those snacks were calorie laden (chips, crackers and peanut butter, toast, cookies, etc.). I still haven't found a very satisfying solution, but presently I'm eating a handful of sugar peas, or a low fat yogurt, or a glass of sugar free Almond Breeze vanilla soy milk. I also save a couple hundred calories for my late night eating.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    sijomial wrote: »
    Don't eat while you watch TV, do one or the other.

Sit down and concentrate on your food rather than snack mindlessly. When you have finished your meal stop eating.

This^

I have a large glass of ice water (maybe a couple lemon wedges in there)....and then keep my hands "busy." Ideas for busy hands: solitaire, adult coloring book, crochet. I can't do the mindless thing anymore.
  • jayemes
    jayemes Posts: 865 Member
    I stopped watching TV at night for a few weeks to break the habit. Once I was used to not snacking at night I started watching a program before bed again, except now I watch the show and do push ups/ dips/ mountain climbers/ crunches / jogging in place at the commercial breaks :smile: