Insanity and calories

Options
I am new to Insanity (on day 8) and am completely exhausted. Those of you that have been successful with the program, did you follow their calorie guidelines? According to the Insanity calculation I am eating 800 too few calories daily. I am scared to up my intake by that much. What are your thoughts?

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    if you're going to follow the program you might as well follow the program. and without knowing how many cals you're eating and what your current weight is we have no idea what 800 calories more actually means.
  • mkmerrill
    mkmerrill Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Good thoughts. I am eating 1400 now and it says I should eat 2200. I worked out about 4 days a week prior to starting Insanity. I am currently 199 lbs and 6 feet tall. I guess I will give it a shot
  • alikonda
    alikonda Posts: 2,358 Member
    Options
    I think the 600 calories/workout is an overestimate (at least until you get to month 2!) so if you want to drop down a little, that would be good. 800 calories below target is a bit much, however - I don't count calories but started seeing better results once I started adding a few extra snacks per day to my diet.